feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

how to care a fresh tongue piercing?

Labels:




liz c


how to care for the piercing? and what are the pro's and con's for the tongue piercing?


Answer
After every time you eat and drink anything besides water, rinse your mouth out with Antiseptic mouth with and Crest Pro Health* It's good to rotate because Listerine [most common antiseptic mouth wash] Has alcohol in it and can dry out the wound. << Do that for the first month of the piercing.

Get H2Ocean, and spray it on the piercing 3-6 x a day. H2Ocean is AMAZING at healing
piercings, it's natural sea salt water and lysozyme in a spray bottle. And/or you could do SEA* salt water gargles. I have my tongue and tongue webbing pierced, I did the H2Ocean plus gargled with warm sea salt water Solution 1-2 x a day for the first month and my tongue healed right up.

NEVER use hydrogen peroxide! It eats away new skin formation and makes it harder for the piercing to heal. And it ruins tooth enamel. >>If you can, avoid rubbing alcohol as much as possible. I wouldn't use it at all, and I haven't for any of my 10 piercings. Sea salt is the best way and the fastest method to heal piercings.

Pros: It's very fun to play with. Out of all my 10 piercings my tongue is my favorite. There is many different barbells to choose from~

Cons: if you click your teeth with a surgical steel barbell with steel threaded balls it can break your teeth and you can bit on it and break your teeth. So, #1 tip asked to be pierced with a barbell that has ACRYLIC end threaded balls! Acrylic won't break your teeth or ruin the enamel. If the piercer insists on using steel threaded ball tops, right after replace the balls with acrylic ones. You can buy some new tongue barbells on ebay or even Walmart.

Some might think it would be a con, that yes tongue piercings are usually good for sexual purposes. I don't really care, I didn't get my tongue pierced for that. I know a lot of people might think I'm slutty or something, but I really don't care. I just love my piercing :)
Another con is that the first few days the swelling is HORRIBLE! It is vital you change the top balls to acrylic because YOU WILL bit on your new piercing. The length of the barbell is super long and when you chew food, the first 4 days it's really hard. The swelling is very painful but mine only lasted a few days and the piercings TOTALLy worth the pain! Suck on ice! It brings down the swelling and try to only eat soup or something. <3


After 2 weeks I had to change the bar because it was so long. Most common new sizes is 5/8'' in length, i have a thin tongue so I use 1/2'' for mine, that's the shortest. I'd buy 5/8'' first, if that's to long for you then get 1/2'' :)

Ebay has a great selection and great prices, here's some links:

5/8'' : http://cgi.ebay.com/14g-Glow-Dark-Acrylic-Tongue-Ring-Barbell-LOT-5-/350470153992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5199a62708

1/2'' : http://cgi.ebay.com/4pcs-SHORTEST-14g-1-2-12mm-Tongue-Ring-Barbells-/280533480355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41511933a3


H2Ocean: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150587510981&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT <-- I've ordered 4 bottles from that seller. If you put in $10 for ''make offer'' she'll go for that, :D that's how much I always buy for those. At Hot Topic, they sell $15 a bottle plus tax, so ebay is way cheaper.

Also, be sure to tighten your barbell everyday! make sure it's not to loose, you can end up swallowing it if it is. Because the human mouth gets a lot of spit it can loosen your barbell~

How to pick out a skin care routine?

Q. I'm in early teens, I have dry cheeks and oily forehead, nose, and acne prone chin! (Tzone) Anyways I prefer some skincare line that caters to my needs (which is being really picky i know:() Anyways my skin wasn't a problem until I started using Olay pro x acne system, It broke me out and made me feel dirty, greasy, and looking super shiny!!! It makes me sooooo mad, but I have to use it until its gone:(

Anyways I was thinking St. Ives but I'm not sure! If you could help me out I'd be sooo greatful:)


Answer
Hi!
You have to know that most of people have to deal with acne along their life.
Normally acne is a matter of hormone disorder. That's why you should have to think also in a diet to help you from inside out.
Start learning to drink water enough: 6-8 glasses a day.
Take care to include vitamins to enhance your acne skin care: vitamin A (from carrots and tomatoes), vitamin B (from meats and whole grains), vitamin C (in oranges and lemons), vitamin E (in almonds and vegetable oil) and zinc (from eggs and mushrooms).
You could also look for a more complex product including a herbal supplement like ClearPores: it works very well.
Just have a look:
http://spreadhealthandwellness.blogspot.ro/2012/04/look-like-star-clear-pores-with-natural.html

If you want to read more about acne skin care go to:
http://4glowingskin.com/category/tips-for-glowing-skin/tips-for-acne/(copy and paste to your browser)

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment