feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Skin care help!?

Labels:




Gator


I need some help/advice with skin care. Please tell me anything that's working for all you prego's out there. I'm trying to stay away from the salicylic acid and benzoil peroxide products, but my skin is a wreck! Any product info is appreciated....safe and approved by your doc!


Answer
Pregnancy skin care for pregnant women is really essential; skin care and pregnancy go hand-in-hand. In order to maintain a pregnancy skin care routine, you'll need to focus on the basics of skin care. Follow these easy pregnancy skin care tips.
Pregnancy Skin Care: Cleansing
Start with a gentle cleanser. Dr. Amy Newburger, MD, a Westchester dermatologist, recommends using a nonresidue or glycerin-based facial cleanser. If your skin is ultra dry, then she suggests washing with a soapless rinse-off cleanser that's mild and moisturizing. Wash your face no more than twice a day to prevent overdrying.

Pregnancy Skin Care: Moisturizing and Sun Protection
The most important addition you should make to your skin-care routine during pregnancy (and beyond) is a moisturizer with at least SPF 15, and with broad spectrum protection (that works against both UVA and UVB rays).

Dr. Newburger explains that during pregnancy, elevated hormone levels trigger the multiplication of pigment cells, which can cause facial blotchiness, or "the mask of pregnancy." Using sunscreen daily â rain or shine â is the best way to avoid this discoloration. If you know you're going to be out in the midday sun or at the beach, protect yourself with a sunblock of SPF 30 or higher. Look for lotions and creams with the ingredient Parsol 1789 or Avobenzone on the label.

Pregnancy Skin Care: Acne and Oil
If your skin is oily and/or acne prone, you'll probably experience your worst breakouts during the first trimester of pregnancy. The safest way to treat these breakouts is with a product that contains glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, topical erythromycin (prescription only), or witch hazel.

Generally, most dermatologists don't recommend the use of topical retinoids (such as Retin-A or Differin) or salicylic acid â check product labels for ingredients. While these ingredients haven't been linked with birth defects, when there's no conclusive evidence one way or the other, it's best to err on the side of caution.

Pregnancy Skin Care: Quick and Easy Makeup
When it comes to wearing makeup during pregnancy, stick with the less-is-more philosophy. It's faster and easier. All you really need to put your best face forward are few multipurpose products.

A foundation stick that doubles as concealer is great for covering under-eye circles and blemishes, and for evening out skin tone. Chubby pencils are foolproof for smudging on eyes, lips, and cheeks, and they won't take up much room in your bag. If you're the kind of person who won't leave the house without lipstick, make sure it's moisturizing and contains sun protection. For a polished look, finish up with a coat of washable, waterproof mascara and you're ready for the day.

Dry skin care problems.?




Zach L


So I have very severe acne on my face chest and back.
I'm on Acutane (medication in a pill form that gets rid of acne and prevents further breakouts) to try to remedy this but the medication has harsh side effects.
Dry peeling skin
dry cracked lips (painful)
both of these to the extreme.
Now this is the second time I've been on it (first time was for six months)
But this time the dry skin and lips are much worse than the first time.
I'm usin Blistex lip balm and while it works kinda, it only lasts a short time before it wears off.
It also rubs off on everything (food drinks hands clothes ect.)
It makes my lips very shiny if I put enough on, if I don't put enough on it doesn't work.
And I'm not sure if it's the acutane or the blistex my my lips appear twice their normal size(I look like a clown)
If any one has any answers as to effective alternatives to bothersome blistex, or a fixer for my clownish appearence
PLEASE HELP!
thanks
I get a perscription for the medication fro a dermatoligist. He told me to expect the dry lips and to use LOTS of lip balm, I was just wondering if there was a better solution out there.



Answer
I had that problem maybe a month ago but because I overwashed it trying to get rid of blemishes but they ended up getting worse and with dry cracking, flaky skin.....
You have to exfoliate to get rid of dead skin cells so I couldnt stop exfoliating so I stated exfoliating less harshly and more gentle exfoliation. I moisturized my skin with thicker lotions made specially for dry faces and did it more often. I kept reapplying all day whenever it started losing moisture. My lips werent horrible but they were cracked and dry so I rubbed olive oil on them and again kept caramex on them. But the one where you put it on with your finger one cause that one is more thick and the other caramex are more glossy
But what I think helped out my dry skin the most is water. I drank TONS of it. No kidding I would drink it all day. I would sip it once in a while but I would take big drinks all day. Its true what they say about water it does great things for your body. Appearance wise it cleared my skin so it was moist and blemish free and just great skin overall.. Hope I helped you a out a bit and GOOD LUCK!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment