feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Makeup tips for women who are 40+?

Labels:




bronte hei


So, I used to wear makeup all the time from my teens to my mid 30's. I have only worn makeup on rare occasions for the last 10 years, and now I am ready to start wearing it on a regular basis again. The thing is...my skin is old, the color and elasticity has changed, and my eyelids are drooping (what? Did that just happen over night?). So I know I can't apply makeup like I used to, or even wear the same colors, but I can't find any website that will show me how to apply makeup (step-by-step) onto this older woman's face. I have found all sorts of sites that show how to apply makeup to young faces, but nothing for me. So....can anyone recommend some web sites or a book or ANYTHING????

Thanks!
c-ya
BTW, I also have rocacea (red, blotchy skin)



Answer
I don't know of any websites, but I am trained to do makeovers, so I can give you a few tips!

1. Moisturize! The first thing you want to do before you put on your makeup is to apply a nice moisturizer. Pick whatever you like....anti-aging, wrinkle plumping, etc. It doesn't have to be really expensive. If you are noticing age spots or changes in skin color, you might want to try a skin brightener as well (Clarins sells a good one called Bright Plus--it's like bleach for our skin and fades skin discolorations.) WAIT ABOUT 5 MINUTES AFTER YOU MOISURIZE, then start on your makeup.

2. Pick a foundation that has lots of moisture in it, and pat it on lightly. If you cake it on, it will settle in your lines and make you look older. Avoid powder at all costs! It will also settle in your lines and make you look dried out. Use a little bit of cream blush in a peachy, natural color on the apples of your cheeks.

3. For your eye makeup, stick to neutral colors like browns or grays. Eyeliner is also your friend! Use a soft black color and line your upper and lower lashes lightly to define your eyes, and find a nice thickening mascara.

4. For lipstick, again, pick one with a lot of moisture (but don't go for gloss) and don't use a lip liner.

Avoid the "fad" makeup colors and stick to natural colors. Skin care is THE BEST thing you can do, so find a few products that you love and use them religiously! Again, they don't have to be really expensive. I hope this helps! :)

Does Hair Plus Shampoo and Conditioner really make hair grow?







I hear some peoples hair grows almost two inches a month.


Answer
NO. Who's telling you it does? People your own age? People who've had over 4 decades of hair know how? Salon people?

Shampoo is meant to clean, Google it.
Conditioner is for hair that's chemically treated, curly/wavy hair or hair that's been straightened.

Anything else they're saying it would do, they're lying, just to get your business, it is a billion dollar business, btw, and they don't give money back for damaged hair or hair loss, due to 'abuse'.

When you wash your hair with one of those nutrient-rich shampoos, most of the nutrients and active ingredients in the product donât actually end up in your hair, they wind up down the drain⦠along with all the money you spent on the shampoo.

It is HOW you use to style your hair or what styling tools that damage the hair, and what chemicals you're adding to the hair, not the shampoo . If you're having cavities, or teeth falling out one after another, you don't change toothpaste.

It may grow very slowly or none at all if you've straightened your hair in the past.

You get the strength & all your vitamins & minerals & proteins FREE from the good foods you eat from Mother Nature, not made by man, and no shampoo can help grow hair, not even those made for horses. Horses don't abuse their hair, using heating tools, and they eat better than people, but it won't add more hair & make their hair longer faster.Shampoo intended for animals may contain insecticides or other medications for treatment of skin conditions or parasite infestations such as fleas or mange. These must never be used on humans.
Prenatal vitamins don't make your hair grow. Pregnant women have to start taking care of their bodies when they're pregnant, meaning stop smoking, drinking, dyeing or perming their hair SO OF COURSE their hair start growing again. But it has nothing to do with their hair, it has something to do to help the development of their unborn child.

"Foods for Healthy Hair" - the website had moved, type it in.
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/healthieâ¦


Source(s):
I know hair. I have over 4 decades of hair know-how. I have silky, shiny, soft, smooth very healthy hair down to my knees. Previously damaged by perming & dyeing in the 80's & 90's. I've known people in their 30's whose hair stopped growing from ironing their hair in the 70's. If cheap shampoos are damaging, it's the result for my healthy hair then!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment