feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Kirkland's milk products really "organic"?

Labels:

Q. I've been purchasing Krikland milk products for a long time now. Dose anybody know if the company really provide 'organic' and 'animal welfare'? (that's what it says on the product but...)
I tried some online research about the company but couldn't find any good information.
I would like to know what kind of food and 'energy' goes into my body and what kind of company I'm supporting.


Aloha :-)
thanks for the help guys! This really inspire me to become a vegan! Starting now!
I can't believe I spent extra cash on organic products!! (Only God knows i had only good intentions.)


Answer
What exactly does those terms mean...I know they don't mean a thing and they are just scams to make people think eating animal products is ok. The animals are still treated very much the same, cows are still raped for their product and that won't ever change.

Animal welfare is really just a code for making humyns feel good if we cared about the animals welfare we wouldn't be using them as slaves.

Animal exploitation in any case is wrong it doesn't matter what a label says if an animal was involved then that animal has been exploited and those are just the simple facts.

Here is a site debunking the food related myths of "humane", "free-range", "organic"...
http://www.humanemyth.org/

Your best bet is to live vegan and not support any of that sort of stuff any more:
"The word 'veganism' denotes a philosophy and way of living which seeks to end the idea of animals as property and exclude all forms of intentional exploitation of, use of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing, research or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of animals, including people and the environment.
In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all products derived wholly or partly from animals."

This should give you the info to help start off veganism a lot easier:

Here is a list of animal ingredients to avoid:
http://www.happycow.net/health-animal-inâ¦

More things to avoid:

Animals as clothes:
Leather, skins, furs, wool, silk, down, feathers...

Animals as entertainment:
Circuses, rodeos, zoos, aquariums, animal fights, animal races, hunting...


Companies that DO NOT test on animals(however CHECK INGREDIENTS they only verify testing not ingredients):
http://www.leapingbunny.org/indexcus.php

Vegan products:
http://www.veganstore.com/ (I know them well and they aren't doing as well in this economy but they are a great source for awesome hard to find stuff and they are very friendly and giving even if they really don't have much if anything to give)
http://gentleworld.org/vegan-evolution/products/

Vegan recipes:
http://vegweb.com/

More info on veganism:
http://animal-rights.com/
http://www.vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm (I get the honey question a lot)
http://www.youcanhelpstopthis.com/

What are easy ways that will help keep my skin rejuvenated?




Lauren


I am 20, have two fine lines under my eyes and have been battling moderate-severe acne for the past 6 years. My acne has toned down slightly, derm prescribed Retin-A (will begin use soon). My skin is slightly scarred, has open poors, and appears to be rough. Also, discoloration and red marks from acne. I am looking into more expensive and helpful treatments, but for simple at home care (i.e. products from stores, etc.) what should I do?


Answer
Hi Lauren

Here are a few testimonials on how to heal the issue.

EUCALYPTUS OIL
11/24/2007: Vinny (highbury21@gmail.com) from Atlanta, GA writes: "A quick, cheap, & healthy way to prevent and heal acne (even blackheads) is to use Eucalyptus Aromatherapy Oil. A big bottle is about $8-9 and can be found at GNC. Make sure you dilute it with water as it is very potent like other oils. You should have very good success with this and should notice HUGE differences within a day."

APPLE CIDER Vinegar AND ALOE VERA FOR ACNE
10/04/2007: Martha from Lawrenceville, GA writes: "I've always had trouble with acne -- I could never get my skin completely under control. ACV helped -- taking it internally -- but I still broke out in a monthly cycle. I started using aloe vera gel on my face a few weeks ago, and my skin has cleared up dramatically. I've not had one breakout, and my skin is getting to be so pretty! I just use a generic aloe vera gel that I picked up in WalMart."



COCONUT OIL AND ALOE VERA FOR ACNE
10/03/2007: Jennifer from Kirkland, Washington writes: "I have been using a mixture of coconut oil and aloe vera gel (4:1 ratio) on my face for my acne for only 2 weeks and it has almost completely cleared it up. I have had moderate to severe acne since I was 13 (I am now 37), and have tried everything under the sun to diminish it. Some things have helped more than others, but this is the first time my skin has felt so good and looked so good in almost 25 years



Best of health to you




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment