feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Anyone a skin care junky? What do u use? What should I be doing?

Labels:




oIiIo


I'm 27 n light skinned but I do tan (I'm Sicilian). Ever since I was about 8 I would use my moms face lotion which had SPF 15 in it and my parents were adamant about sunblock when we went to the beach. I wear uv block clothing when I run sometimes and I wear sunblock even in winter. The thing that worries me is I work nights as a nurse. Until I'm granted a day position there's nothin I can do about that. Been doing it three years. Afraid night shift will age me. I go for facials every couple of months if I can afford it. I use pro activ, clean and clear and clarins (dry skin Shea butter with moisturizing toner). The girl who does facials told me I should switch up face washes here and there. I don't have a night cream. I'm consider kiehls midnight recovery or one thing I read about from clarins.. What do you use? What do u do for your skin? Girls who work at makeup counters or facial spas always have the greatest skin. I'm a nurse why don't I have any good tricks?! Help!


Answer
Hello!!! I have a lot to say, so I'll introduce myself, lol. I'm Kandi. I'm a skincare freak with quite a few great skincare tips and tricks!! To start, night shift sure won't hurt you. The Sun's rays are actually what age skin the most. So, UV protection, as it sounds you already have down pact, is a must. This includes body and of course face is most important. (See, you're already doing good!) Next, understand that all you can seek all the advice in the world, but everyone's skin is different, as it all reacts differently to different elements. You'll experience trial and error before you find a good group of products that work with your skin specifically AND work well together. And remember, your skin can potentially outgrow every product. So, after years (even decades) of successful use with a product, your skin/body becomes immune to it and can/will reject it. It's like this unexplainable stuff, lol. Ok, back to good news, a good toner is KEY. Toners are linked to so many different elements of good, GLOWY skin. Also, exfoliating is necessary. Some prefer mild exfoliating, others like to go hard core. I personally think all skin is suited better with mild exfoliating. Exfoliating extra layers of skin or too often can really, really throw pH balance off, causing the skin tones/complexions to become uneven. It also removes too much oil from the skin causing it it to OVERPRODUCE oil and cause oiliness. To mildy exfoliate, a simple WHITE washcloth will do the trick. 1, yes, color matters because white washcloths/rags have NO DYES, (in most instances), thus causing less irritants to the skin. (Less breakouts, YESSS!!) 2, yes cheap matters because they are ROUGH (they don't hurt, they just aren't AS soft as JC Penny ones, lol) and not as plush. This texture combined with whatever facial wash you use, will remove that top dead layer of skin and even give you a healthy (not artificial) glow. You'll feel this difference too. (I use this trick on my body as well!). Deep exfoliators remove multiple layers of skin at a time. This opens your pores almost as wide as they can spread. This is when risk is highest for breakouts. Any and nearly EVERYTHING can get into them!! I can go on and on with this, so I'll save you the reading. Here are a few of my videos that will help you:

What Do Toners Do? How To Use + My Personal Faves!! : http://youtu.be/WMBnKZSb6mk
How to Get Glowy Skin - 2013 Regimen : http://youtu.be/bXGbVlRFUOY

How can a start-up get its skin care line in retail stores?




That


I am in the research phase on how to get a start-up skin care line in traditional brick and mortal retail stores and have a few questions from people that have done this:
1) Do companies usually work directly with distributors or have independent road reps?
2) Are there any companies or agencies that people would recommend for either?
3) What is the percentage range that either generally earns?
4) What is normally used to "pitch" retailers (samples, lookbook of products, etc.)?



Answer
My best friend actually got her lotion and soap business into Rite-Aids. She set up her own personal website and did it from home for about 5 /6 years. When she got big enough she was featured on the local news and gave "samples" to the news people who then in turn raved about it. Rite-Aide saw, and contacted her. She got a lawyer and they hashed out financial crap. The only difference was that instead of making it at home, she had to use their facilities for FDA compliance/safety crap which took out of her net for each product BUT she was exposed to a lot more consumers so it all made up for itself.

Basically, you have to show that your products are worth stocking on their shelves before they are willing to do so, especially if you would be considered an "independent contractor" They aren't going to do it and take up room on their shelves without a few years of sales proof and growth charts.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment