feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

How to clear up bacne?

Labels:




Elle


Hi! So to start my story I'm 15 and started developing acne in 7th grade. It then turned into bacne and I get an occasional blackhead on my chest that I pop and it turns into a pimple. I have been able to keep my chest and face pretty clear as long as i dont mess with it and take off all my makeup at night.

My major problem is bacne. It appears on my shoulder blades the most and inbetween my shoulder blades. Lately I've been applying Terminator by AcneFree and that has really helped, but if I dont then more will come up. Anyways I'm really self conscious and I can cover it up pretty good but I'm always self conscious of wearing a bikini and try to hide it iwth a Tshirt.

Right now, I mostly have a lot of dark spots.

Do you have vitamin, Skincare, or other tips to help prevent? I've heard of getting my hair a bit shorter, or getting proactiv- even taking saltwater baths. I wash daily with facewash on my back and chest and face and take vitamins E, A, Fishoil, D, C and sometimes B as often as I can. (Which is about 3-4 times a week.)
Also, cleaning the area with wintergreen alcohol seems to help.
Btw I wash my face back and chest (I shower) everyday. and wash my face in the morning/night. So, its not hygiene. I've tried various benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid creams. Obviously they arent working that well.

Specific brands and other tips are wanted.



Answer
Elle, Proactiv is great for teen acne and is the #1 seller among acne products around the world because it works. It was formulated as a regimen by Rodan + Fields Dermatologists to treat the acne you see on the surface as well as the irritation beginning under the skin.

However, Proativ doesn't work on everyone, and what you are describing sounds like it might respond better to Unblemish. The same team at Rodan + Fields took their 15 years of knowledge making Proactiv and developed Unblemish for adult acne, cystic acne, and other forms of acne. Unblemish works on the concept of treating the skin--surface and below--but it is an entirely new formulation. If you have adult acne or cystic acne, Unblemish may work better than Proactiv. Unblemish is also great for the dark spots. There is a link in the Sources.

It sounds like you are doing other good things. Washing once a day should be fine unless you sweat a lot due to heat or exercise. You might need to bathe the area twice if you do perspire a lot, but you don't want to over wash, because that can also irritate the skin. Here are 10 tips on reducing acne: http://www.examiner.com/skin-care-in-nashville/how-to-prevent-acne-top-ten-tips-to-reduce-pimples-and-avoid-acne

Check the resources for more info on treating acne.

I would try Proactive first if you are a teen. If it doesn't work or leaves your skin irritated and dry, try Unblemish.

why do white people turn white?




Kenneth Fr


If all life started in Africa and the people were black such as Adam and Eve, then how did white people come about? Was it through Esau or Japheth and where's the proof? Also why are we called Caucasian if we are Europeans rather than a kind of Asians from the Caucus mountains?


Answer
Your skin color and "ethnicity" are two different things.

"The traditional definition of race and ethnicity is related to biological and sociological factors respectively. Race refers to a person's physical appearance, such as skin color, eye color, hair color, bone/jaw structure etc. Ethnicity, on the other hand, relates to cultural factors such as nationality, culture, ancestry, language and beliefs." http://www.diffen.com/difference/Ethnicity_vs_Race

Melanin plays a role in humans with regards to skin tone.
Skin color/skin tone:
http://anthro.palomar.edu/adapt/adapt_4.htm
http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/beauty/determine-your-skin-tone.htm

The interesting thing about DNA is that DNA doesn't look at the color of your skin. An interesting article regarding DNA and a family from Appalachia
"NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) â For years, varied and sometimes wild claims have been made about the origins of a group of dark-skinned Appalachian residents once known derisively as the Melungeons. Some speculated they were descended from Portuguese explorers, or perhaps from Turkish slaves or Gypsies. Now a new DNA study in the Journal of Genetic Genealogy attempts to separate truth from oral tradition and wishful thinking. The study found the truth to be somewhat less exotic: Genetic evidence shows that the families historically called Melungeons are the offspring of sub-Saharan African men and white women of northern or central European origin.
And that report, which was published in April in the peer-reviewed journal, doesn't sit comfortably with some people who claim Melungeon ancestry.
"There were a whole lot of people upset by this study," lead researcher Roberta Estes said. "They just knew they were Portuguese, or Native American.
Jack Goins, who has researched Melungeon history for about 40 years and was the driving force behind the DNA study, said his distant relatives were listed as Portuguese on an 1880 census. Yet he was taken aback when he first had his DNA tested around 2000. Swabs taken from his cheeks collected the genetic material from saliva or skin cells and the sample was sent to a laboratory for identification.
"It surprised me so much when mine came up African that I had it done again," he said. "I had to have a second opinion. But it came back the same way. I had three done. They were all the same
"
http://news.yahoo.com/dna-study-seeks-origin-appalachias-melungeons-201144041.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment