feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

What is a good skin care routine to get great skin?

Labels:

skin care masks on Care: Best Homemade Facial Masks for Face|health care tips|health|care ...
skin care masks image

Q. I'm starting a new skin care routine in the morning.
What is your routine and what products do you use?

I'm looking for a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, exfoliator, mask to all have on hand. Thank you :)


Answer
I have/had issues with my skin big time. I would be dry and flakey, oily in areas creating blackheads, acne, whiteheads. Ugh, and during THAT time of the month? Forget it.

I've recently started a new treatment, which mainly has been all about diet along with some of my favorite products and my skin is FABULOUS. I can't even tell you. This morning I looked in the mirror and it was GLOWING. My skin tone was even, no red patches, no bumps, small pores, blackheads are almost entirely gone.

Here is everything I use and WHEN I use it.

1. Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Cleansing Pads w/ Salycilic acid. I use these at night to get rid of all the dirt and oil that has accumulated throughout the day.

2. Neutrogena Blackhead Clearing 2 in 1 Pads: I use these TWICE a week. They are very strong and when I used them daily they actually made me break out more, but they really helped with the blackheads, so I cut back to using this pad at night only 2x per week.

3. Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleaner: I use this in the MORNING 2x per week. I tend to use a lot of products so I alternate days so I'm not going too crazy. One morning I'll wake up and just rinse my face with warm water, the next day I'll use this stuff, the next day just warm water, and so forth.

4. Proactive Refining Mask: I find this stuff in the mall on the Proactive carts. I hate Proactive, would never recommend it but the Refining Mask is GOLDEN for spot treatments if you break out. It's a sulfur based mask which is PHENOMENAL at drying out acne over night and making it noticeablly smaller and less red by morning. You can use it either as spot treatment, OR as an entire face mask. I do it both ways and actually sleep with this stuff on my face. It's gentle and doesn't leave red blotches on my skin that other spot treatments do.

5. Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion: I use this ONCE every two weeks. It is a great scrub to get rid of the dull surface skin cells, to turn over skin and to get the baby butt skin hiding underneath. It smooths, evens skin tone, and makes your face super soft.

6. I've been drinking 1 Liter of water PER day. I get a gigantic Poland Spring and keep it with me all day.

7. I've been cutting out red meat. I eat lean meats, turkey, chicken, tuna fish, and eating fruits and vegetables every single day. In the morning I'll have a mix of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries, these fruits are LOADED with antioxidants which clear your skin of impurities. Lunch, i'll have lean meat, tomatoes, eggplants, apples, and a snack of some almonds.

I've literally cut out ALL garbage from my diet. No cookies, chips, cakes, pasteries, donuts, etc. You'll be surprised, I thought it would be so hard to get rid of junk but just after a couple of days getting the nutrients I SHOULD be getting, I am never hungry, I eat small meals 4x per day, and I never crave junk.

8. Most important! I've been taking a daily multivitamin, One a Day women's active vitamin (every morning), along with an Omega-3 Fish Oil 1000mg supplement (2x per day, AM and PM) The Omega-3 is something that pretty much everyone does not get enough of. It improves dry skin, it clears complexion, it evens skin tone. (If you decide on starting a Fish Oil supplement, be careful because some brands are not as pure as others, and may contain toxins and metals found in the fish. Make sure if you pick up an oil that it says "Molecularly distlled to remove pesticides, PCB's and heavy metals." I like Natrol Omega-3 Fish Oil. It's definitely a bit more expensive, but there's no way I'm putting toxins and metals into my body. Get the lemon flavored ones as well. It cuts back on "fish burps" XP

9. I've also been running! The exertion and sweat from running has totally been clearing my complexion up as well.

10. Don't forget the SPF moisturizer in the day! I use Aveeno calming lotion w/SPF every morning.

11. Get 7-8 hours of sleep!

I know it sounds like a lot, but nothing has ever worked for me. I suddenly got all this motivation and my skin has NEVER looked as good as it does now.

Holy crap this was long. :X

What's the best skin care regime for a 26 yr old female with problem skin?




emilysever


I'm 26 years old and still have problem skin. Mostly older scarring and occasional break outs. What's the best affordable skin care line? Currently I mix up neutrogena face wash with proactive and I'm diligent about lotion with SPF 25. Any tips to keep my skin fresh and healthy?


Answer
Use natural ingrediants to make your own skin care items.

Do a face mask twice a week:

1 tsp Matcha Powder (Its basically green tea powder)
1 egg
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Honey

Apply on face, leave on for 15 minutes, rinse with luke warm water. This helps with acne scars, oily skin that cause breakouts, and keeps skin feeling healthy and fresh. And insanely affordable too.

And drink LOTS of water.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment