feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

What to get a pretty mature 15 year old?

Labels:

skin care tumblr on Skin-Care Diaries - The Sugarhouse Body Sugaring St. Catharines ...
skin care tumblr image




Kaypunx


Hi, as you all know Christmas is tomorrow and I need a gift for my sister asap. I have no idea what to get her, so I need some suggestions. I know she's into punk music, likes Tumblr and knows how to skate, she's not too girly more like "hipster grunge." (As I've seen on her tumblr) She dresses more punk or "hipster" as well. She's very serious. Any ideas? I can't think of anything. Thank you.
Jack, she isn't 18 yet, and she hates the smell.



Answer
The itunes gift card is a good idea so she can spend it however she wants. Maybe a gift card to her favorite clothing store. I want to say, skin care or maybe even makeup. I'm 17 and I know I'd love that...although your sister and I are two different people.

Merry Xmas.
Or you can get her earphones, in case her current ones break. I'm getting those for my brother.

When did we, us people as a whole, become so supercial and obsessed with what everyone else thinks about us?




/�-**-((J


It seems to be programed into our heads at birth and we spend the rest of our lives trying to stop caring. Why? Why do people care about what everyone else thinks?


Answer
The way I see it is that humans, as a species, are social animals -- so there is a genetic, "programmed" factor in being self-conscious, socially-aware and our interest in the way others think of us.

Modern culture has thrown this into hyper-drive, especially for our generation. Smart-phones, facebook, instagram, tumblr, snap-chat, kik, etc causes us to be constantly bombarded with images of ourselves and others that are literally put up for social acceptance, "likes", "follows" whatever name they are given on whatever platform. Cosmetics and a consumerist culture also feed into superficiality. In order to get us to keep buying, we need to be convinced that we are, in fact, lacking in something -- whether it be the latest fashion trend, flawless skin, perfect hair.

It really creates this soup of self-consciousness.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment