feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Denver Climate = what kind of skin care routine?

Labels:

skin care denver on Top Massage Daily Deals Coupons in Denver by DealSurf.com
skin care denver image




bluenbri


So we are most likely going to be relocating to Denver soon, and I am wondering how the altitude and dry air effects the skin.

Currently in Seattle, I have to fight oil and use VERY light moisturizers or I will break out - I suspect Denver's climate will change this to needing heavier moisturizers?



Answer
Heavy moisturizers in deed. The humidity here, or should I say lack of, is going to be a drastic change for you....and I mean drastic.

Skinwise, yes, find a good lotion. While there are some very expensive lotions out there, I have found a couple more affordable ones that do the trick. My favorite is Johnson & Johnson's Extra Care Healing Lotion. They have a couple more called 24 Hour Care and one called Nourishing, but I have found that they don't work as well as the Extra Care variety.

Another good, less expensive one I like is Jergens Ultra Healing. It's a little heavier than the J&J, but it works well.

One more product that I find extrememly helpful is Oil of Olay's In Shower Body Lotion. You rub it over your trouble spots in the shower and then wash it off. Works wonders.

I can make suggestions, but you'll have to try them all and see what works with your skin. I've taken many, practically brand new bottles to work and left them in the restroom because they just didn't do the trick!

Another tip to keeping your skin soft and comfortable is invest in a good humidifier for your home. I am constantly running mine as well as boiling water in the tea kettle on the stove for extra humidity....especially in the winter.

Now....another bit of information you probably don't expect. If you don't have allergies (or hayfever), there's a good chance you will develop some here. I have known many, many people that moved here, never having a single allergy in their life....yet come springtime, they're sniffling, sneezing and itching up a storm. Start with over the counter stuff. Claritin works wonders and is best bought at a place like Sam's Club.

Whew.....well, I hope I helped you out somewhat. Remember lots of lotion and sunblock too if you're going to be outdoors. If you have any more questions I could help with, feel free to contact me.

How about a story using these John Denver titles?




Char


1. Sunshine On My Shoulders
2. My Sweet Lady
3. Take Me Home Country Roads
4. Thank God I'm A Country Boy
5. Back Home Again
6. I'm In The Mood To Be Desired Tonight
I'll be back to read about it later!! Have fun!
NO, this is NOT my homework LOL.



Answer
Wild Wind was a native american princess. She would ride her beloved horse White Cloud on the plains of what we now refer to as North Dakota. She would sing while she rode," I have (1)sunshine on my shoulders, and wind in my hair. My brother chief Soaring Hawk, just hunted another hare".

As she reached the top of the hill that day, which over looked their camp, she lovingly ran her gaze over each tepee sending a little prayer to Great Spirit for their protection. Lately the pale faced men have been visiting their camp a little too often for trading supplies in exchange for the piles of otter skin and buffalo meat her people had stored.

There was one specific man among those in that pale faced tribe calling themselves the cowboys, that intrigued her against her better judgement. He had this smoldering gaze that made her giddy and self-conscious at the same time. He called himself, Tom Swanson.

Wild Wind said to her beloved horse, "You know what I'm going to do when I'm (5)back home again? I'll talk to my brother's wife for some advice, I don't want to talk to my brother about this because although he seems to enjoy doing trading with the pale faced ones, he never truly seems to trust them. However he always tells me that I can talk about anything with his wife who is my sister now, and he says, "(2)My sweet lady is wiser than all of those who are many moons older than her. Anytime your heart is feeling uncertain about something, go and ask her advice and she'll help you. So do you think she'll help me decide how to deal with my feelings about this Tom Swanson rancher?"

White Cloud gave out her cry of approval and started nodding her head up and down vigorously. Wild Wind laughed and as she took the path over the hill leading to her camp, she yelled, "(3)Take me home country roads".

Back at the Circle C Ranch, Tom was telling his buddy Jimmy about this beautiful native american princess that he's had his eyes on for awhile, trying to explain that he was certain that the attraction was mutual. "You know Jimmy, I could ask her hand from her brother the chief, and have her move into this ranch with me. We could grow our own garden and (4)thank God I'm a country boy that I could take care of her in every way and build her a dream house right across the river on the ranch, overlooking the lake. Her brother would allow us to marry if I present enough gifts of cattle to able to win her hand, because I know I'm not the only one who is after her affection. I know she likes me, I can tell from the way she blushes from head to toe everytime our eyes meet".

Jimmy looked at his friend with affection and said, "Well good luck to you, Tommy boy, because from what I hear, her brother, chief Soaring Hawk is very protective of her. You will have to do a lot more than presenting them with a bunch of sheep and horses to earn her hand. They might ask you to do the Sun Dance that the braves are required to display as a passage from boy to man to prove that they are worthy to be warriors, and I know for a fact that it is not an easy ritual to endure".

Tom, folded his arms and said, "Nothing that is worth anything in life comes easy, buddy. That girl is worth every drop of sweat I will have to shed to earn her, and she sure is worth the wait".

Jimmy gave a pat on the shoulder to his friend before turning and heading for his own cabin in the ranch. Then he faltered for a second, turned around and grinned at Tom, "All my prayers are with you, Tommy boy, however if you don't mind now, I'll go get ready to go to into town and visit the lovely Jane at the Saloon to get me some quick and easy loving. Unlike you, I'm not into delayed gratification, and God knows that after all the hard work we have done on the ranch today, (6)I'm in the mood to be desired tonight". He tipped his hat mockingly to Tom and walked away.

Tom shook his head with a smile. He loved Jimmy like a brother but he was never too deep when it came to his relationships with the ladies. As he approached the lake and pictured his own cabin by it with him and his princess sitting on the porch watching it with glasses of lemonades in their hands, his smile grew bigger.
Some things were just worth the wait.
TO BE CONTINUED




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment