feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

How can I know (for sure) who gave me herpes?

Labels:

skin care 1 week before wedding on ... marriage with industrialist Ernesto Martel, her former boss. In a
skin care 1 week before wedding image




Proud momm


To prevent the inevitable "go to a doctor answer" I'll start with this: I went to urgent care over the weekend and was diagnosed with an STD--herpes type 1. so I've been diagnosed, i know i have it, i am following up with my OBGYN on Wed.
The back story is: I am going through a bad divorce (was married for almost 4 years). My soon-to-be-ex husband left my son and I in mid July. We tried reconciling once in early aug and slept together 1 time then and none since then. We both decided that its not going to work and we both decided to move on and start over.
I started seeing someone last month and this past weekend, we slept together for the first time ever. 3 days after we last had sex (so about Wed) I started having extreme pain when I urinated. I thought it was just a bad UTI (caused by so much sex after not having any in so long). But then the next day I got a ton of sores around my vagina and they became extremely painful. So bad that I went to urgent care and thats when it was diagnosed. I am devastated to say the least and I've been an emotional wreck for the last 48 hours. I haven't been to work since last Wed because I can't sit for more than 5 min without wanting to pass out from pain. Anyways, enough about that... my main question/concern is did this new guy give it to me?
All signs point to yes. From what I've read about herpes (and heard from people), if you get an initial outbreak, it will happen 3-10 days from first contact with infected individual. Also if it is your very first outbreak, it will be the most severe and accompanied by flu like symptoms (I have all: nausea, vomiting, fever, chills, aches, dizziness, basically feel like I'm dying)--along with the pain from the sores. The time frame fits perfectly with "fun" weekend I had. Only problem: my guy says that he just tested (through a blood test) last month and it came back negative for every single STD. He said there is no way he gave it to me and that I probably gave it to him now (he's going to get tested next week). Well I thought that a carrier might not always test positive through blood test unless they've had outbreaks--which he has had none.

I know none of us on here are drs and I'll be asking all this and more to my doc on wed. I just want some initial advice/thoughts/ideas on who might have caused this. New guy? or could I have had it this whole time and just broke out now? (I highly doubt that as I've never had symptoms and have had STD tests in the past that were all neg).

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and sorry for the long book :)



Answer
I quoted your post "I started seeing someone last month and this past weekend, we slept together for the first time ever. 3 days after we last had sex (so about Wed) I started having extreme pain when I urinated"

That is the window right there. I would say this is the guy who gave it to you. However, you could have had this virus for any amount of time and not had an outbreak, and this sexual activity could have triggered something for you. There is truly no way to tell who gave you this skin condition/minor virus without being regularly tested for Herpes every 4 months or so. However it really seems like this guy is the one who gave it to you considering you have never had any symptoms at all before, and who knows if he is telling the truth, he might say you gave it to him just to take the pressure off of himself.

Sounds to me like it is definitely the new guy. Just keep in mind you can pass herpes when there is no outbreak and even with the use of condoms, also if your ex or any person that you have ever been with has cold sores and went down on you then they can transfer it to your genitals without any signs or symptoms. TONS AND TONS of people have this and never even know it...as several never even show symptoms, it's a very tricky little virus and people are quick to judge herpes and make fun but the facts are that most people are living with this virus and don't even know what it is or how it works.

im 15 years old and i weight 185 i want to loose weight fast?




ELIDA V





Answer
Before I say anything.. let me just point out that no matter how hard you work at the gym and no matter how long you stay at the gym, it will get you NO WHERE unless you stick to a healthy diet plan. You can do 1,000 crunches a day for all I care, trust me it won't do anything; you first need to remove the layer of fat that's hiding your muscles.
If you want to lose ANY amount of weight, you shouldn't eat any man-made/ processed foods (like dessert, fast foods, fried foods, etc.) This is not the end of the world.. in fact, you will actually start to feel a lot more energetic and feel lighter. Trust me, once you start, you will not WANT to go back to your old ways, since eating healthy and organically will improve your skin, mood, energy, confidence, and will tone your body. If you crave sugars and carbohydates, let them be derived from fruits and vegetables. You also want to eat protein foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (like egg whites, nuts, chicken, fish, etc.) Try to make breakfast your largest meal since it will not make you crave foods later on during the day. Also make sure to drink plenty of water.
Once you reach your goal weight, THEN you can slowly and moderately start introducing a slice of cake here and there. But remember, not two or three slices of cake, but ONE serving size or smaller. At first, you will count down the days until you can eat "normally" again... but as I said before.. turns out you won't want to put the unneccessary crap in your body.

Now that we have the diet out of the way, and pointed out its significant importance, we can move on to the workout plan. Do strength training 2-3 times a week, not everyday since your muscles need time to heal. You can do upper body on Monday, abs on Wednesday, and legs on Friday. And don't forget... cardio cardio cardio! You can do any type of cardio for 30-45 min a day 5-6 times a week.

From my personal experience, do NOT stare at yourself in the mirror looking for results the day after you begin! Results will come from inside first.. then they will start to become visible. Set a LONG-term goal, like say next summer.... because if you set it until let's say next month for a wedding, the pressure will be on and you won't do as great as you want to. Try not to screw up, but if you have your slips here and there, just remember that tomorrow's a brand, new day and you can start where you left off. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment