feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

What are the effects of salt water on you skin and hair?

Labels:

skin care hawaii on African American Skin Care Acne Pic #20
skin care hawaii image




Kate


I am going on vacation to Hawaii. I'll be spending the whole month of July there, and i'll be swimming in the ocean a lot. What will the water do to my hair and skin? Also, what can i do to take care of my hair and skin while I'm there? And I know that sun naturally lightens hair color, but is there a way to enhance that?

Any tips you have can and will help !



Answer
I think it's primarily drying. You'll want to wash your hair every day or at least rinse the salt water out daily.

Skin - you'll want to use a good moisturizer. Sand is a natural exfoliant so your skin should be pretty smooth but it'll be dry.

Wear sun screen.

You could try lemon juice. You may not need to do anything to enhance it other than to take extra good care of your hair.

What is it like for blacks to live in Hawaii?




UkeBabe


Im african american and I now live in california but will be going to the university of Hawaii. I know that there are not many blacks that live there so how are the few treated and being black and from the mainland how likely is it that I would come across racism and being called haole? Also would the asian and native men date black women. Im a very confident person even though it doesn't sound like it ,Im asking out of curiosity


Answer
It's been my experience that you will find good and bad where ever you go. Although there is a melting pot of races here in Hawaii, racism is as common here as anyplace else. Black people are treated like any other race - very well by the right people, and very poorly by the wrong ones.

My sisters-in-law are Hapa, or half black. They were born and raised in Hawaii. One day one of them was body surfing and a "local" guy got all territorial. He was just dumb/ignorant. When the rest of her "local" family showed up he quickly turned apologetic.

You will NOT be called Haole, simply because it is a word/term that describes white people. The history of the word is a little more complex than I'm making it, but it will do in the context of this post. Not a bad word, but can be when preceded by an adjective, like many other words.

I think most local people who insert adjectives are NOT racist in nature. They/we simply lack the capacity to express feelings about a person that just cut us off in traffic, for example, and will resort to descriptive name-calling. If you were green you would hear, F$%&ing Green guy. Not all are like that, but some are. Seriously, many locals have a hard time expressing themselves verbally. Watch an on-the-street interview of a local on any Hawaii news channel and you'll see what I mean.

Dating?

Most of the people in Hawaii are of mixed race. Me, I'm part Hawaiian, Korean, English, Irish, German and Scott. You can throw in Spanish, Filipino and Chinese for my kids. So I don't think you'll have any trouble dating, unless people are too stupid to see a good thing - their loss. Oh! And please don't make the assumption that because someone has dark skin that they are Hawaiian, or if they have light skin and blue eyes that they are not.

Hawaii is a great place with many awesome people of all races and creeds.

Take care and Aloha!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment