feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Beauty School?! Esthetician?

Labels:

skin care nashville on William Clark | Photos, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for Free at ...
skin care nashville image




thegirlyou


Hello! : ) I have been seriously considering becoming an esthetician (skin care therapist) for quite some time now. However, I have been exploring and visiting the schools near me in order to make the best decision for my beauty education (I plan to visit each of them), but I am having a tough time. It is difficult for me to decide whether I should attend a "franchise" school or a smaller and local boutique schools..not to mention choosing among all the schools in each of those categories.

The schools near me that teach esthetics are:

Empire Beauty School
Paul Mitchell the School
Salon Professional Academy
Georgia Career Institute
Genesis Career College
Tennessee Technology Center (a community college-like atmosphere)
AND 3 smaller, boutique-like schools (I won't list their names).

I live in Nashville. The average cost for an esthetics education here (750 hours) is around the $10,000 range. I am seriously concerned that I will just blow my money on one of these schools and receive a shabby education. Does anyone have any experience as a student or instructor at any of those schools? Any insight from past or present estheticians or others working in the cosmetology (beauty) industry is highly appreciated!!!!



Answer
I don't live in your state, so I can't get specific. But, you should look for a school that is accredited. If a school is accredited, you can get a student loan and you can assume that the course work meets certain standards. Also find a school that works on the general public. Some of your tuition is earned that way and it gives you better experience. You could go visit high-end salons in Nashville and ask the managers and stylists what they think. They know what kind of graduates each school puts out; they've worked with them over the years.

Serious Question about inspiring female black country artist...?




Carl


This question is to true country music fans. What is your advice and suggestions for a black female country artist to become big? Shes a great country singer, great guitar player, has great personality. Young 25 years old from nashville. Shes not twangy so her style is believable and kind of matches her "expectation of color." Knowing how country fans are leery about any black country artist how can one be accepted? Should they come off more honkey tonk style, or more modern day style? Should they âactâ country, or act country but yet soulful? This girl has talent. I can see her crossing over and bringing in a new demographic of people. Is it possible for her to be a big country star!


Answer
My first and biggest suggestion is to NOT "ACT' anything. If she is a true country artist, it will show through but she should e true to who she is. You say she is not 'twangy' as if that is a bad thing; it isn't and country fans are NOT leery of black country artists at all! We don't care what your skin color or nationality is, what we do care about is the music. I personally love 'country blues' I'd suggest she educate herself as to where country music comes from historically, listen to the classic old school artists, many of whom crossed the bridge as you say and work her way up. You'll find that the artists that have longevity are the ones who sang about events that speak to everyone and stand the test of time, lyrically. Performing to a broad audience of all ages would e a step in the right direction. If she chooses to adapt to what Nashville puts out today, odds are she will be here to day and gone tomorrow because that's the world we live in....sales, sales, sales. Great for the business but not for the artist




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment