feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Skin/dental care duing Pregnancy?

Labels:




Name Here


I'm in my early first trimester, (over a month), and I have already started having very oily skin! I used to have oily skin before, but mostly around the time I got my period. As soon as I got it, it'd go away. Now it's just always oily and it gets on my nerves! I haven't washed my face with anything at all. However, I'm starting to get small bumpbs so I do want to start washing my face again. I've heard certain face washes and make-up cannot be used. So, what can be used? Like what brand name of face wash or if there's a home made rememdy to also give positive results.

Also, I know gums are very sensitive during pregnancy. I've only bled once while pregnant when I brushed my teeth. However, I've been looking for a way to bleach my teeth. I don't want to do the actual bleaching because of the chemicals so I looked up online and it said it can be done with hydroden peroxide. How safe do you think this is for me? Or should I just completely wait to do any dental work until after baby?

Thanks all! :)

Here is the web page about the hydrogen peroxide:
http://www.susangaer.com/studentprojects/white.htm



Answer
I would hold off on any teeth bleaching until after your pregnancy. It's just much safer this way. Also get your teeth cleaned early on because pregnancy does make your gums more sensitive and prone to bleeding and you want to make sure they're healthy to avoid any issues later on in the pregnancy.

As for your skin. You should continue on a some kind of skin regime. Pregnancy can change your skin drastically so it can go from oily to dry to back again and be a pain. You CAN use salicylic acid on your face so I would suggest washing once a day with a face wash that contains it. I have acne prone skin and I haven't had a problem during my pregnancy because I kept up a regime. I washed at night with a salicylic wash and followed up with a toner/astringent and moisturized accordingly. In the morning, I washed with a gentle cleanser (Cetaphil) and followed up again with a toner/astringent and sunblock. It's worked great and is an easy routine.

Skin care during pregnancy?




Mindy


Does anyone have a face wash that works well for them? Ive always used the same one and it has done wonders til now. My face is a wreck.


Answer
I wiuld personally go for natural or less toxic options. When I was pregnant, and even now,, I use witch hazel liquid as a toner after cleansing, works wonders for acne and spots. better than other things I've tried that are full of petrochemicals. I also massage my face twice a day with rosehip oil after cleansing with witch hazel. I also use an all natural face wash from a health food shop that works really well, but check for compatibilty with pregnancy. If your face is a bit dry or scaly, buy some vitamin E capsules, cut off the end of one, put the oil on the probelms areas and then take the rest of the capsule.

The spots are more then likely caused by a hormonal imbalance so I would suggest that you take fish oil supplements or evening primrose.

My skin is great now.. apart fro the sun damage bt been using vitamin C capsules (retinol) on my skin before the rosehip oil and that seems to be working slowly.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment