feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

How do I go to the doctors for acne?

Labels:




ryan toome


Hi! Im 14 and Im really insecure about my acne. Ive struggled with it since I was 11. My parents just dont have the time to take me to the doctor, so Im trying to go by myself. I have NO IDEA how to go about doing this. Do I call the hospital to make an appointment? Or do I call my family doctor? What do I do ounce Im there? Should I bring anything with me? Will they send me to a dermatologist? How do they know what Im coming to the doctor for? Will I have to pay anything? LOL!!! See... No clue. Ive only been to the doctor ounce when I was little. And I live in Canada if thats any help. Thanks!


Answer
I am a 27 year old female who has suffered with all sorts of acne since i too was young. Over the Course of the last 15 years, i have been prescribed everything under the sun from dermatologists to help clear my acne. Let me start with the oral medications: Accutane(3 courses), minocycline, doxycycline, every kind of "cycline" and oral antibiotic, steroids, hormone blockers, and birth control. Topically, Duac, Diffiren, Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide, and the list continues. NOTHING EVER WORKED.

BUT i eventually did find something that eased and has mostly corrected my damaged, acne ridden skin, and it has been mostly all natural.

1. Don't over cleanse. Easier said than done, especially when you have a break out, we tend to go crazy on our skin thinking it will help. It doesn't.

2. Use a Toner. *Very important* Witch Hazel, has been a blessing to my skin. You can buy it at walmart for cheap. Just smooth it on with a cotton ball, Let dry.

3. Moisturize. *Also Very Important* This might sound crazy to some, vaseline. Contrary to popular belief, vaseline is dubbed as non-comedigenic, and it creates a barrier between your skin and the environment. It holds moisture in, and helps aid in the healing process. If you are weary of vaseline, try eucerin, also non-comedigenic.

4. Exercise. It's not fun, but increasing your circulation helps a ton and sweating helps open and clean those pores.

5. Of course, Water. You hear it from everyone, and again, this is easier said then done. I also mix a bit of apple cider vinegar with my water, which i have found helps alot.

6. HONEY and Baking Soda mask/ Spot treatment. Twice a week has worked best for me, but it has helped my skin enormously.

7. Don't Pick. Once again, easier said then done. Your hands are full of bacteria, and popping zits releases more bacteria, creating more acne.

8. A tiny bit of lemon juice goes a long way on post-acne marks. Better then any drugstore Scar lighteners.

9. Everyone pushes Benzoyl Peroxide like it is some miracle, but take it from me, overtime IT WILL DESTROY YOUR SKIN.

This is just what i have found works for me. I am not saying you shouldn't go see a dermatologist, but i wish someone would have shared the benefits of all the natural healing that can be done for your skin that is right in your kitchen pantry.

I know how depressing having acne can be, it's embarrassing, you don't want to leave the house, and lastly look in the mirror. It bothers me when people say "you notice it more than anyone else, don't worry about it". But it's not everyone else you care about, its how you feel about yourself and the confidence you lose. I feel you sister, please give it a thought, or if you have any of these products, just give it a whirl, see if it works for you!

Do alittle research of the benefits of Honey, Baking Soda, Apple Cider Vinegar, Witch Hazel, Vaseline and Lemon Juice. I think you will be shocked on people results!

Good Luck...

I am scared to talk to girls, what can I do?




a-team


Im just scared of them and im scared of rejection. I dont have any friends. Male or female. I always create imaginary friends. I am 27 years old and never had my first kiss.


Answer
It's a skill like any other. Imagine learning to ride a bike..you fall off and skin your knee..whatever...it hurts.... you keep doing it..pretty soon you and pop wheelies and do the no hands thing and what not.
Sounds silly but really it's no different. Every time you get rejected it gets a little easier (lol) until you're just all over the place makin friends and enemies and getting some action and rejection. Just do it dude.. who cares. I'm retarded, half the crap I say is bs or wrong when I talk to girls... if they call me on it I laugh and talk to a different one. I have the worst conversational skills ever (I could never talk as coherently as I'm typing here) but as long as you come across confident it doesnt really matter.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment