feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Has anybody used clearasil for acne?

Labels:




Kuthi Kami


ok its the ultra vanishing acne treatment with 3% sulfur and 2% res something lol. Does that work for preventing/treating zits everday?

the other 1 is with tint but it contains too much sulfr.. so maybe its not good for everyday use. and the tint would piss me off because it would be like makeup... and i dont wnna remove it biecause it might be dry.



Answer
Kuthi, if you worry that the 8% sulfur and 2% resorcinol is too much for you, you should definitely start with the 3% sulfur & 2% resorcinol. Remember, the potential of irritation increases with increase in concentration. You have to experiment to see how your skin sensitivity is like with different sulfur concentrations. If the 3% sulfur product works well and you get clear from it - STICK WITH IT! There is no need to use up the tube and then buy the 8% sulfur one.

The 8% tinted is NOT like makeup. Just like a lot of tinted moisturizer and what not, it provide very very sheer coverage. If you use very little and spread it well, you probably won't cover anything else. You shouldn't feel like there is a layer of product on your face either.

The sulfur and resorcinol are drying ingredients as they are very effective against acne breakouts.

Sulfur can prevent acne, sure. Sulfur can induce peeling/shedding of the skin, which "may" promote unclogging of the pores, giving a better flow of oil. Therefore, there is less chance of a pimple. In addition to that resorcinol can dissolve the clog over time. Now, I say salicylic acid does a better job at exfoliating within the pore lining to provide a better flow of oil. But hey, it shouldn't hurt to use both salicylic acid and sulfur and resorcinol together for optimal result. Then again, consider your skin type. If you know you have sensitive skin, be extra careful.

Bottom line: start with 3%. If it works and make you clear, stay with it. And remember, you must follow a well-designed routine with well-formulated products in order to maintain clear skin. If you use one or two good acne products yet every other products are problematic, you may get on-and-off breakouts. Just really read the ingredient lists.

Update: when you finally settle with a regimen with the right products that get you clear, please stick with it. Do not go all skin care junkie and buy pricey products from estee lauder or avon or whatever just to try them. The first and only thing you need to worry about is to get your skin clear. That has to be your primary focus. There is no product from avon that can remove a scar or close a pore. Avon's line of acne products are problematic. If you want serums, get one from Olay Regenerist line, fragrance free. Get your skin clear first!

Any more questions ask!

Best wishes

Best wishes

Do I have acne prone skin?




beautilati


I usually get blemishes in my T-Zone. I get horrible black heads on my chin that I can't get rid of for nothing. Sometimes I wake up with ugly pimples in the corners of my mouth. I'm not sure if this helps, lol.
I've tried proactiv, didn't work.

My favorite makeup artist on youtube, Michelle Phan has a skin care line, IQQU. I'm gonna try her popular acne serum.



Answer
Lots of people have oily T-zones & oil contributes 2 clogged pores, which leads 2 pimples. Every1s skin is different, so I cant tell you what products will work 4 you. But you should try washing your face w/ a wash that has a low dosage of either Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide (I use Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Face Wash 1.5% Salicylic Acid). I personally had a bad reaction to Benzyol Peroxide (Proactiv), its a little strong for my sensitive skin. I also recommend Cetaphil Antibacterial soap bar. I have had great results from it. It kills the bacteria in your skin that leads to breakouts.

Wash your face in the morning when you wake up & at night before you go to sleep.

Follow up with a moisturizer, I recommend Olay Complete Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin.

Invest in oil blotting papers that you can take around with you to remove oil throughout the day.

If you wear makeup look for formulas that are specifically for oily skin.

Oil Mattifiers work great too I used Mary Kay's & loved it!

Dont be a product junkie & use a whole bunch of different face washes, stick to one for at least a month to see if it works for your skin.

ALSO when you rinse your face w/ water, then lather the face wash in, leave it on for 1-2 minutes then rinse to let the wash do its job! Ive seen big results from doing this in my skin care routine!

I hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment