feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Is there anything wrong with a man in his late 40's that has radiant skin because he takes care of himself?

Labels:




Sally


One of my girlfriends rag on my new boyfriend and says that his skin looks nicer than many women's skin. Then says that she wants a rough man, not a girly man. Funny thing is that my new boyfriend can probably kick the shyt out of her "manly" husband.

I say my friend is just jealous because she is married to an ugly pot bellied loser.



Answer
I personally love nice skin on a mate :) I hope my skin still looks that's good when I'm 40
And don't listen to all this nonsense about him being gay or that guys cant be famine or whatever. All it means is he takes good care of his skin and last I checked that doesn't make someone a women or gay. Those things are not correlated.

What cosmetic/cleaning products are best for OILY skin?? HELP!?




Fort


My skin doesn't ever look like it has any makeup on under my school's fluorescent lighting!! Of course, whatever does look like it's still on... soon melts off of my EXTREMELY oily face. I want to know the best kind of (skin care, moistureizer, primers, foundation, and powder) that would be able to help or at least last on my greasy face (lol). If you could list the price, and what you have experienced with the product that would be awesome too!!!


Answer
I still have oily skin, well into my 40's.

Hands down, the best cleanser I have ever used is Serious Skin Care Glycolic Cleanser. It's not cheap(regular price is $20 for 4 oz, but MUCH cheaper on sale or in a kit), but you use a tiny amount, it gets your skin completely clean without overstripping it and you do not need a toner afterwards. Although the instructions say to apply it to a dry face, I found that to actually be too drying, so I use it on a wet face. It takes off ALL your makeup, too, even mascara! I get it from HSN or HSN.com, although I think Ulta or Sephora also carries it (I forget which one). HSN will have big sales on it once or twice a year and that's when I buy it (for ten years now).

Serious Skin Care also has a fantastic product for knocking down a zit overnight, especially the kind you can FEEL coming but can't see yet: Dry-Lo. I am never without it!

For moisturizer--don't need it. I use Olay Regenerist Serum and that is plenty except for the worst of the winter, and then I add the Olay Regenerist liquid moisturizer. They also make a night cream that I have tried, and it doesn't cause breakouts. I just find that I am so oily I don't actually need that unless it's been below zero for weeks. ;) But in general, I'd say look at serums before you look at actual moisturizers.

You don't need a primer--that's just a way to waste money. Skip it. Primer is for women with dry skin or dry patches or deep lines, to even out the texture. We oily gals don't usually have those issues, and the primer itself promotes shine, which we do not need. If you DO have a few dry patches, apply your serum to them before putting on makeup, but your sunblock ought to do the trick, really. Primer is a complete scam for 90% of women.

I don't use foundation. I use a concealer where I need it (around the nose, under the eyes) and blend it well. I very occasionally use a silicone based tinted moisturizer.

I SWEAR BY Clean And Clear Instant Oil Absorbing Sheets. You just gently press them against your face and they take all the shine off and don't disturb your makeup at all. LOVE THESE!

I do not wear mascara or eyeliner on my lower eye because by 10 AM, they are both just all over my face (whoever said your eyes can't be oily lied their butts off, btw.) On a night out I will, because it will stay on for a few hours, but that's it. Liquid eyeliner lasts longer than pencil or crayon, and pencil or crayon will last longer if applied OVER eyeshadow and then gone over with a powder (with an eyeliner brush). Brands make no difference, nor does waterproof vs. normal.

Clinique Touchbase is a good eye shadow primer, and L'Oreal also makes a good one. If you have oily eyelids (I do) this will make your shadow and liner last longer.

And, chin up! I am FAR less wrinkled than other women my age. That's the one positive thing to being oily! :)

For sunblock, the Neutrogena Dry Touch line is aces for oily skin. No shine, no breakouts. ACES!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment