feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

What is the best skin care regime for women in their 50's?

Labels:




camille


What are the best products for skincare over 50 years old for women


Answer
i use sorbeline cream because i'm allergic to most creams with fragrance in them. its not to heavy a cream and doesn't make my skin feel tight. i put cream on morning and night, wear it alone or under makeup. a good soap for cleansing but not perfumed....like neutrogena. i don't think wrinkle creams work.

I need help with my skin problems, PLEASE HELP ME?




twinklesta


Okayy so I have pretty bad skin right now, I have a bad case of bblackheads and oily skin, then some zits here and there on my face. I don't like picking the blackheads because my skin gets really red and I also heard it will make my skin worst. Right now I am using nuetrogena's acne system and its just been drying my skin out. My sister told me about using benzoyl peroxide but it's not doing much. I'm DESPERATE for a solution, anybody know of any face washes, masks, diets, systems that I can use??
PLEASE I'm desperate for answers
:/
Soo far the products I've usd are proactiv (used it for 3 months and didn't work) then I moved on to jut using st ives apricot and benzoyl peroxide as a toner and my skin dried a lot, and now I'm using the nuetrogena acne system and not much is happening, I really want help please, I'm not much of the confident person because of my skin, I just want to change it/:



Answer
I recently went to a skin care person who told me most people just mess with their skin so much it can't stop breaking out. She said the less you mess with it the better your skin will be. She said it allows the skin to 'calm down' when you have a regular routine and don't keep bothering your skin.

I am a 50 year old woman with no wrinkles. I started taking care of my skin when I was 13 on the advise of a beauty consultant who came to our home-ec class to talk to us young girls (at the time) about beauty routines. I have passed this on to my daughter who is 14.5 and does not have acne problems. I am working with my niece who is 13 and does have acne problems. Her skin got better in about 5 days once we started this routine. She is exstatic!

Remember - this is all about routine - what you do everyday, and what your skin gets used to.

Use a mild soap with salasytic acid on your face and neck twice daily- morning and night. Neutragena has a great one that works like magic. It is a clear amber colored soap - I can't remember the name - sorry. It costs about $4 at Wal-Mart.

Two or three times a week use an exfoliant with salasytic acid in it (St Yives Medicated Apricot scrub is a good one) $4, also.

If your skin is oily, use a mild toner/astringent. Put it on a cotton ball and gently apply to face and neck. $5.

After that dries, dab on a light moisturizer made only for the face and put it on your neck area, too. Splurge here - you are worth it. Get a good moisturizer. I stick with Oil of Olay - about $15 or $20 - but it lasts a long time if you don't use too much.

Try to stay out of very harsh sun, or use a sunscreen.

Do not scrub your face hard or for long periods of time. Use warm not hot water. Keep your hands away from your face and no picking. Drink plenty of water. Try to stay away from fatty food, and food with lots of sugar in it. Colas are not good either. Get plenty of exercise outside in the fresh air. This stimulates circulation and will give you a healthy glow.

You should see your face calm down in just a few short days.

If over the counter remedies, and diet modification doesn't work, see a dermatologist. They are the best at helping people overcome problems like you describe.

I hope this helps you. I know it has helped my daughter and niece.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment