feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

What are some mandatory skin care products?

Labels:




m.lh


I need to know what I need in my makeup bag for my face, lips, neck and eye skin. What are some products that I need the MOST? Please list them, thank you! (:


Answer
Well, are you talking skin care or makeup? Because your added details would suggest you are talking about makeup.


As for skin care, these are the essentials:
1) Gentle cleanser. If you have sensitive skin in any way, avoid lathering/foaming cleansers. If you can, look for milk or cream cleansers free of surfactants (lathering agents - it should tell you on the packaging if it's void of these ingredients).
2) Moisturizer. Regardless of skin type, you NEED to moisturize, day and night.
3) Sunscreen. If your AM moisturizer doesn't have SPF in it, get a separate sunscreen of 30 or so.
4) Exfoliant. This can be a scrub in a tube, or you can even use things like facial sponges or brushes to exfoliate the skin. Some people use washcloths as well. I've yet to find a method that doesn't bother my skin too much, as my skin is quite sensitive.
5) Makeup remover. You should NEVER use your cleanser as both a cleanser and makeup remover, because then you are washing your face with both the cleanser AND your makeup. You can use regular vegetable oils to remove your makeup; grape seed oil and watermelon seed oil are well known for being great for all skin types, especially acne prone. Watermelon seed oil is also supposed to really help dissolve sebum (oil) which may help with blackheads, and grape seed oil has astringent properties that are great for acne or oily skin. Both are very light weight as well.
6) Lip balm. One with SPF and one for use indoors/at night.

If you are meaning makeup, then I would list these are my "must haves":
1) Lip gloss. This is great on the run, because it will add colour and sheen to the lips without having to take extra time to apply it smoothly, like with lip stick.
2) Mascara, for obvious reasons.
3) Blush. If you have dull skin or don't often have a flushed appearance, blush works great to brighten up the skin.
4) Highlighter. This is great around the eyes (brow bone, tear duct, outer corner) to make your eyes look bigger and more awake. I usually just use a sheer, pearly off-white cream shadow as my highlight.
5) Concealer for any blemishes or dark circles that need covering.
6) Sheer or light powder or foundation to help even your skin tone out. I prefer the powder as it's easier and less hassle.
7) Brow powder. If you have very full brows, this isn't needed, but for anyone with thinner or sparser brows, this is very important to help give your brows some structure and give your face more definition.


If you were looking for specific products, I cannot help you. 1) we likely do not have the same or similar skin type 2) our skin chemistry is completely different 3) there are no products that work for everyone, as all products work differently for everyone.
I like to use review websites to find products, try them out and then return what doesn't work. This has helped me to pinpoint my skin irritants and helped me discover certain ingredients that break me out, as well as helped me to pinpoint my skin needs.
The websites I use:
http://www.makeupalley.com
http://www.totalbeauty.com (very seldom, as reviews are quite poor)
And then I will search for specific products in a search engine and check out other blogs or review websites to read more opinions on the product.

does anyone like Chanel skin care or makeup!?




motherofth





Answer
the foundation makes my skin incredably smooth and look flawless! i definateley think if your considering getting them you should!

------------------------------------------
hey check out my blog:
http://xo-confessionsofateen.blogspot.com/2006/12/introduction.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment