feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

i would like your opinion on my poem, plus any tips?

Labels:




bob_the_mo


The wind breezes through my hair,
enchanted by the view from under.
as i gaze down, stuck in my stare,
listening to the rain and thunder.


feeling my skin freeze,
so cold as i slowly lurch,
from the winds cool breeze,
forward upon my perch,


my bare feet peek over the side
wanting to leap, to my freedom
as i open up my arms, to glide
you want me, being its so seldom


i hear you whisper my name,
telling me to come to you.
aren't you happy that i came?
hearkening on what to do.


because i can't help it,
my mind you invaded.
on the near edge i sit,
my stamina degraded.

I leap from my safe haven,
unaware that my actions.
could possibly be graven,
i lose breath, my reaction

unable to catch what ran,
slipping faster onto spot.
spreading my arms in span,
the friction burning hot.

now oh so close to the end
having memories run wild
from the far beginning when,
i was just a small child.

tasting the blood on my lips,
speeding through the air.
as my skin frigidly rips,
smiling without a care.



Answer
Your use of heightened vocabulary ("harkened", "lurch", "stamina", etc.) contrasts oddly with the rest of the poem's vocabulary. With this rhyme scheme, I would recommend that you heighten the rest of the vocabulary to improve the epic feel of the poem.

Also, avoid contractions in poetry that contains heightened vocabulary. The syntax begs for more formal language.

All in all, very good use of rhyme and I really enjoyed the terseness of each line. Your imagery is good and I would like you to use more!

So clueless about makeup?




heyy hi he


I want to wear more face makeup and otter things Im just not sure what they are
Like what is
Primer
Powder
Concealer
Bronzer
What otter face things should u know about? I know about eye shadow, liner, and mascara! Help



Answer
Get ready, makeup -and its vocabulary, tools, etc.- is another diverse universe of its own, I hope I can be the slightest of help, love. :)


Powder: Powders are used to hold concealers and foundations on, which are inclined to mess themselves up in the slightest gesture. For example, after you apply a concealer under your eyes, it is quite smart to press some darker colored powder on to hold the concealer together. For normal skin, use powder where you need it, which is generally forehead, nose and chin, the 'T-Zone'. However, if you have oily skin, you must apply powder everywhere on your face to make sure your makeup does not go off.

Concealer: It's name pretty much speaks for it, concealers conceal. Most common uses of concealers is to lighten those dark-purple, dreaded circles in your eye. Concealers have creamy texture because they must blend into the skin perfectly. It is very important to always use a brighter-yellow shaded concealer than your skin tone if trying to hide dark tones, because it creates brightening effect.

(P.S for concealers: There are concealers to hide everything, from under-eye circles to pimples, to broken veins. To hide red patches, green and blue concealers are used instead. Purple tinted concealers make unnaturally-yellow faces rosy.)

Primer: No, no and no, primer's not just an option. Primer literally turns the face into a perfect 'canvas' for makeup application. Your face is full of fine lines and pores which would even more defined if foundation was applied first. They generally consist of waxes and special polymers that not only hydrate your skin but can make your makeup dissolve better and stay longer on you. Sephora's Smooting Primer is a great one.

Bronzer: Bronzers are for giving you a bronze complexion, and they are usually formed of more than one colors to imitate the true loveliness of sun bronzing that shout fresh, beautiful and healthy.

Lipstick: Applying a lipstick may sound easy to the ear, but when applying a strong color, such as a vibrant red, you must use a special lipstick brush to apply it good enough. Never ever use a lipstick on chapped lips, always moisturize and care for your lips by gentle exfolation followed by generous amount of lip balms. Dior's 'Serum de Rouge' is my absolute favorite for lip care.


You should also know about foundations and tinted moisturizers, I believe.
Foundation evens out the skin's tone and texture. The goal of applying foundation is to achieve smooth and clear skin, and the color perfect for you must dissolve right into your skin, the wrong shade will change to color of your face and make a disaster. Use it on your forehead before buying a foundation: if it works on your forehead, it can work pretty much everywhere else.

Tinted moisturizer is also kind of a foundation, but is more innocent and natural. They usually come with SPF and they hydrate your skin, which makes it an on-the-go favorite. Clinique makes great tinted moisturizers.

<3




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment