feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Should I go to cosmetology school instead of community college?

Labels:

beauty and health careers on BeautyCareideas.com - Archive - Health Guide
beauty and health careers image

Q. I just finished my first semester of community college.
I have been wanting to do something in the beauty industry (particularly makeup) since my freshman year of school.
When I sit and think about my future, I honestly don't see myself ever doing anything that I would need to take an academic path to get there. I love makeup and doing makeup on other people and it's the only time I actually feel good at something.
I have been seriously considering cosmetology school but I am afraid of not going to college, since basically every child is brought up thinking if you don't go to college you're not going to succeed.
Ha anyone attended cosmetology school? Does anyone have any advice for me? Help :(


Answer
If you do decide to put college on hold, please consider the more affordable (and usually more reputable) county vo-tech adult school or community college, if a cosmetology program is available at the county college. Please make sure that the program is approved by the State board of cosmetology, too. Just an fyi that the curriculum does include some anatomy and chemistry.

It can take a cosmetology graduate a couple of years to "get a book" (of regular customers) before possibly making decent money. That is another reason to consider the more affordable program. If attending a pricier school, the person may be stuck having to repay those student loans while struggling to pay for rent, food, health/auto insurance and other expenses.

For general career info: http://www.bls.gov/ooh and can search.

Is there really a need for landscape architects and interior architects?

Q. Also known as landscape designers and interior designers but with at minimum a bachelors degree. I ask this because an architect can design outdoor and indoor spaces as well as a building while landscape and interior architects can only manage part of a project.

Or I've heard people say in some professions that it's good to focus on one aspect of a broad career. An example is advertising, you're better at focusing on one part like animation, rather than dabbling in all parts if you want to be most successful.

What are your thoughts?


Answer
Each of these careers suffer when the economy slips.
Architects (of structures) can design the building and it's interiors and outdoor SPACES!
But a landscape architect will know the best plant materials for the site, where to place them to enhance the structure, and the required care for maintaining the health and beauty of the materials installed.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment