feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

I am burnt from tanning in a tanning bed, how long until I can tan again?

Labels:

health and beauty show 2012 on Knit Jones: February 2010
health and beauty show 2012 image




S


I just started tanning for my first time two days ago. I am only tanning for prom so I plan on only doing it for the next two weeks. The main reason I am tanning in a bed rather than spray tanning (what I was originally going to do) is because I am in a sport right now and I'm an active teenage girl and so my back is breaking out I guess due to sweating. Firstly, I have a dress that shows my waist so I cannot wear a bathing suit/ bra. I have been going into the bed with just a thong on. I have pretty fair skin (blonde hair, blue eyed, light skinned type). In the summer I can tan but I do normally get a few sunburns. I bought a level 3 unlimited monthly package. Most people go in for 15 minutes for that package, however, considering it was my first time tanning on Friday, the lady working at the tanning salon suggested I only go in for 8 minutes, so I just did that. She said I should gradually move up in time, but make it to 15 minutes before prom. Then yesterday I also went in for 8 minutes. I was doing fine and saw a slight difference. But then, this morning I went in and there was another lady in, I told her about how I have been going in for 8 minutes and she suggested I go in for 10 today. So I got into the booth and I saw that I was in for 15 minutes. Therefore I just planned on stopping the machine when there were 5 minutes left (I ended up waiting until 4, so I was in the bed for 11 minutes). I felt fine when I got out and saw a difference. Now that it is 9pm (I went at about 11 am, I am feeling a little bit of stinging in my skin). My butt cheeks are briiiiight pink and same with my boobs. My stomach is a tan/pink and stings as well. Any suggestions on what to do/ where I went wrong? Also, how long until I can tan again, I only have until May 10th. THANK YOU!


Answer
I'll let Lisa & Glenna tell you about tanning beds.
Google Lisa and see what she looks like 2010.
"Plastic Week: Lisa Gastineau On The Dangers Of Tanning Beds"

She had 2-3 melanoma moles removed, one by her nose. She had nose surgery just to get her nose straighter, so she can breath again. She got those moles from a tanning bed.
Google: Warning in Tanning beds: About 13,200,000 results (0.25 seconds) 

Tanning beds aged you by 10-15 years!
Google A Death by Suntan by age 26, Yahoo Shine 3-23-10. In April 2005, while working out at her college gym in Rhode Island, 22-year-old Glenna Kohl detected a hard, golf ball-size lump near her groin. . . . .In high school, Glenna did have an irregular mole removed from her leg. A pathology report identified it as benign, but the surgeon tested it again. The lab had made an error: The mole was an early stage melanoma.
Google: Lawsuits in tanning beds. About 2,130,000 results (0.29 seconds) 5-3-12.

To get super tan you will have to be tanning for @ least 60 years, George Hamilton & Tom Jones are two examples, who ARE super tan! Google them.
Tanning comes & go, unless you do them everyday 24/7 for the rest of your life. But in the end the only thing you'll benefit is either moles, freckles, skin tags or discolorations from sunscreens, lotions, etc. and the more you do, the more they get larger, darker & bumpier. My nephew had a membership in a tanning bed salon for a year. After it expired, he stopped, now he's as white as before he began.

Tanning, is a result for 'damaged skin' and no products can reverse you from skin cancer or damaged skin, may prevent you from pre-mature aging, but that's part of the billion dollar beauty industry.
A new study conducted by the Indiana University School of Medicine Department of Dermatology has found that tanning bed exposure can be dangerous when tanners self-diagnose skin problems and use the radiation to treat skin eruptions. The study specifically found that a tanning bed user that used the radiation to treat a mild skin rash caused by an ibuprofen allergy developed a much more severe reaction called toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN). When left untreated, TEN can be fatal.
Melanoma is the leading cause of death from skin disease. An estimated 76,259 new cases of skin cancer will be reported particularly among women in their 20's & 30's, and that's 6,020 more than 2011, people died from the disease, according to the National Cancer Institute. Two million people are diagnosed with skin cancer in the US each year, according to the EPA's Sun-Wise Program. That's more than breast, colon, lung and prostate cancer cases combine! Now however, a recently published study suggests that those people with ginger hair and fair complexions face a much higher risk of developing dead skin cancer even if they are completely protected.
Nov 2nd, 2012.

Oregon has the fourth highest rate of death from skin cancer in the United States, according to Dr. Brian Druker at the Oregon Health & Science University in Portland. KATU.com 2-12-13

Take the Skin Picture Quiz - Identify These Common Skin Conditions on MedicineNet.

Does straightening hair make your hair damaged?




help


This may be a stupid question so no mean answers! Buttttt I have naturally really wavy frizzy hair. It doesn't suit me so I straighten it. I started straightening it a couple years ago and have done it ever since. I have a few split ends and my hairs a bit brittle at the ends. But I do put hair serums and Moroccan oil at the ends of my hair before I blow dry and straighten. Is there any ways to straighten hair without a straightener. I'm thinking of doing a Brazilian blowdry but I heard it ruins hair. How to i get my hair healthy again?


Answer
Heat & chemicals are hair's worst enemies, so yes.

For more on heating tools, it's been answered here, not my own words but from others with damaged/hair falling hair.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiBDurvlc7PAYDgmOYDmcFLty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20130108095915AAGaIrI
Katy Perry's Bad Hair Day Is Over As GHD Lawsuit Comes To An End! 7-7-13.

Google: keratin treatment warnings. About 2,620,000 results (0.36 seconds) 6-24-12.

The FDA has previously received complaints that the products cause adverse reactions, including nervous system problems such as headaches, respiratory tract problems, nausea, chest pain, vomiting and rashes.
12-12-12
http://www.ewg.org/hair-straighteners/our-report/faqs-7/

Hair-straightening products are allowed to contain small concentrations of formaldehyde (0.2 percent). But several hair-straightening solutions have been found to contain well above the allowable limit. For example, one popular hair-straightening product that advertised itself as âformaldehyde-freeâ actually contained 6.8 percent to 11.8 percent formaldehyde.
Another example: Fourteen women, including two from North Texas and one from Houston, are suing Unilever, the maker of a product they claim caused permanent damage to their hair.
"It transforms frizzy, unmanageable hair into hair that's sleeker and easier to style," said the commercial for the Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30-Day Smoothing Kit, which is no longer being sold
When she began looking online for more information about the product, she said she found some people who said it worked, but more who said it damaged their hair.
She discovered a Facebook page devoted to angry consumers, and there are multiple postings on YouTube. I've been warning people about relaxers since 2009 and people are giving me thumbs down!
BTW: A variety of hair-straightening products used in professional salons can expose both hairdressers and their customers to formaldehyde. The results show that three professional hair-smoothing treatments labeled "formaldehyde free" can produce the cancer-causing chemical at concentrations above the occupational exposure limits set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. They tested four products: Coppola Keratin Complex Blonde Formula, Global Keratin Juvexin Optimized Functional Keratin, La Brasiliana Escluso Keratin Treatment with Collagen, and Brazilian Blowout Acai Professional Smoothing Solution. While ChemRisk tested four popular brands of hair straighteners, THERE ARE HUNDREDS on the market. Nov. 11-11

By contrast, beauty salon owners and stylists generally lack a scientific background and don't have a keen awareness of the danger of working with products that contain formaldehyde, experts say.

Watch: Good Hair a documentary by Chris Rock 2009 on BET or HBO. According to Tyra Banks, 80% of the black population are part of the billion dollar hair industry. Clips on youtube videos, also.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.
Everything you need for HEALTHY hair comes from your good genes, good hair care, and from Mother Nature.
Google: "Foods for Healthy Hair" http://www.foodforhealthyhair.com/ http://sg.news.yahoo.com/food-for-health⦠- or 10 Best Foods for Your Hair.
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/0â¦
NO MATTER which link you picked, they all suggest the same foods. Your hair may be the fastest-growing tissue in the body but, unlike the skin, it cannot repair itself. That is why getting the right balance of vitamins and proteins is imperative. Don't expect to look like you've stepped out of a hair commercial the day after you've changed your diet. It is likely to take at least three months before you actually see tangible results. Hair is dead, but hair also has electrical energy; the negative charge of damaged hair can lead to flyways and unruly hair.

Growing healthy hair doesn't come from a bottle or pills and hair products do not speed hair growth. Any hair oil, is another form to keep hair moisturized, nothing more. If you're in HS, your hair & nails should be growing normally, and as healthily as possible, since you're eating healthy foods. But when hair isn't growing as fast, it's because they've been tampered with: chemicals, hair straightening, etc. . .




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment