feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

What is the minimum thickness of skin required for Wikipedians who are not sysops?

Labels:

skin care quotes on ... Healers Organic Holistic Skin Care - Australian Wildflower Essences
skin care quotes image




Nancy


I'm talking in the practical sense, not the theoretical sense. You can quote all the Wikipedia policies and guidelines you want, but when you factor in selective enforcement and use of the policies against the victims they supposedly protect, a very different picture emerges.


Answer
You need a very thick skin, or in the alternative to not care what happens to your contributions. Since they have no problem slandering celebrities, it is no big deal to them to slander regular people, to make all sorts of absurd accusations.

Also, you have to understand that they don't care about your credentials, because even if they were able to confirm them they wouldn't care. So if you bother to add content to a topic you're an expert in, don't let it bother you when it all gets reverted for no good reason at all.

What are good love quotes to use for Lolita?




Sierra


I have to write a thematic analysis about the book Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov and I need some quotes about love,obsession,youth, or innocence that relate to the story and the theme.


Answer
I have little left in myself -- I must have you. The world may laugh -- may call me absurd, selfish -- but it does not signify. My very soul demands you: it will be satisfied, or it will take deadly vengeance on its frame.â
â Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

He did not care if she was heartless, vicious and vulgar, stupid and grasping, he loved her. He would rather have misery with one than happiness with the other.â
â W. Somerset Maugham, Of Human Bondage

âI would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.â
â Margaret Atwood

Extinguish my eyes, I'll go on seeing you.
Seal my ears, I'll go on hearing you.
And without feet I can make my way to you,
without a mouth I can swear your name.

Break off my arms, I'll take hold of you
with my heart as with a hand.
Stop my heart, and my brain will start to beat.
And if you consume my brain with fire,
I'll feel you burn in every drop of my blood.â
â Rainer Maria Rilke

âI want her to melt into me, like butter on toast. I want to absorb her and walk around for the rest of my days with her encased in my skin.
â Sara Gruen, Water for Elephants

âI desire to be with you. I miss you. I feel lonely when I can't see you. I am obsessed with you, fascinated by you, infatuated with you. I hunger for your taste, your smell, the feel of your soul touching mine.â
â Jack Llawayllynn, Indulgence

What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?â
â W.B. Yeats, The Collected Poems

I don't possess these thoughts I have --- they possess me. I don't possess these feelings I have --- They obsess me.â
â Ashly Lorenzana

If you ever looked at me once with what I know is in you, I would be your slave.â
â Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights

I must get my soul back from you; I am killing my flesh without it.â
â Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment