feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

How to find the right makeup?

Labels:

skin79 skincare on Products Gift Sets SKIN79 Travel Pack Mini BB Cream (Pink Set) 5g x 4
skin79 skincare image

Q. My skin is sometimes oily but only on my nose, chin and right over my eyebrows, it's not dry.

I have some dark spots/ scars that I want to cover and I want matte flawless skin.

I'm half asian and half european so my skin is very white but I like to use self tan sometimes because I don't wear any other makeup than powder and eyebrow liner. But I want to stop using self tanner, and use normal makeup instead.

It looks like I have no makeup on at all. You know like dark circles under eyes, scars or red marks on face.

What makeup should I look for?
Concealer?, foundation etc.. what type etc.


THANK YOU :)


Answer
First, WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF MAKEUP! I would consider myself highly knowledgeable in the world of makeup so I hope I can help!

First, it sounds like you have oily to combination skin, which is very common. One of the BEST foundations out there for you is the Revlon Colorstay in the Oily/Combination skin formula. It does have a lot of shades as well so that would work with your fair skin.
http://www.revlon.com/Revlon-Home/Products/Face/Foundation/ColorStay-Makeup-with-SoftFlex-for-Combination-Oily-Skin.aspx

Also, BB Creams (Beauty Balm Cream, it's sort of like foundation and skincare in one!) work really well on fair and oily skin. It may be difficult finding one that fits your exact skin tone, but my favorite is the Skin 79 BB Cream! I adore this!
http://www.amazon.com/SKIN79-Super-Beblesh-Triple-Function/dp/B0020ZEA40

For concealer, I would recommend something that's going to give you the best coverage. I would recommend getting a concealer palette (it has many different shades and a correcter). I have heard amazing things about one from Sonia Kashuk (you can get it from Target). I personally have yet to try it, so I can't give a guaranteed result.
http://www.target.com/p/sonia-kashuk-hidden-agenda-concealer-palette-light-07/-/A-733031#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=sonia+kashuk

For under your eyes, I would recommend doing something brightening to remove the darkness. The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind is AMAZING!
http://www.target.com/p/maybelline-instant-age-rewind-light-concealer-2-oz/-/A-13521051#prodSlot=medium_1_4

For powder, I would recommend a translucent powder, which means it's very light or white (as in it doesn't show the "color" of the powder on your face). I have yet to find one that I really like, so I'm not going to recommend anything for that.

For blush, I would recommend something pink or peachy, to give your skin some color and a radiant glow.
http://www.target.com/p/milani-baked-blush/-/A-13785644#prodSlot=medium_1_10&term=milani

For eyes, I would keep it simple and maybe use a brown eyeliner and mascara. This will make you look more polished, but still natural.
Eyleliner - http://www.target.com/p/revlon-colorstay-eyeliner/-/A-13665841#prodSlot=medium_1_4
Mascara - www.target.com/p/maybelline-volum-express-the-falsies-flared-mascara-very-black/-/A-13521384#prodSlot=medium_1_6

For lips, simple is always best! Maybelline Baby Lips are amazing! They are tinted lip balms, which means that while hydrating your lips, they give a tint of color! I would recommend starting with clear and then working your way to brighter colors!

I hope you find use in this!
Good luck!
http://www.target.com/p/maybelline-baby-lips-lip-balm/-/A-13521056#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=babylips

Make up tips for oily skin?




Rebekah


I have really oily skin and my make up doesn't last but for 45 minutes. Are there any tips or products that I can use to make my make up last? If so that would be great!


Answer
You need a good skincare routine, primer (mac sucks but will provide great option), oil free foundation and setting powder. I also have EXTREMELY oily skin that used to get oily every half hour before I developed a few routines. This is one of my routines that keeps me matte the entire day no matter how hot/humid and keeps my makeup on looking fresh as if it's just been applied:

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean cleanser morning and night.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant every morning.

Witch hazel as toner morning and night.

1-2 nights a week jurlique or decleor purifying masks. Alba Botanica deep sea facial mask is a good option too though.

Desert Essence thoroughly clean oil control lotion as moisturizer in the morning (perfect under makeup), pure jojoba oil from jason natural as moiturizer at night after cleansing. Even oily skin needs to be moisturized. Not moisturizing it can actually make it oilier. These are the ideal options as they balance skin and trick skin into producing less oil. They moisturize appropriately, not make you greasy.

In the morning after oil control lotion absorbs apply thin layer of PLAIN milk of magnesia to the entire face with makeup sponge and allow it to dry. After it dries smooth out white spots and they will disappear. Next apply Skindinavia No More shine. These combined together = the greatest matifying primer, a miracle for oily skin.

Next you can apply any foundation/tinted moisturizer/bbcream/mineral veil etc as long as it is OIL-FREE with a matte finish. I personally don't like heavy coverage because that can feel sweaty.

I love using revlon mineral mousse or bourjois matte minerals from drugstore, skin79 hot pink triple function bb cream or baviphat magic girls magic bb cream spf 30 for bb cream, or bella pierre, lumiere cosmetics veena velvet, lily lolo, fairie organics, joppa full or soft coverage, monave liquid matte minerals, alima pure satin matte, afterglow cosmetics organic mineral, jane iredale liquid or powder, amazing cosmetics velvet etc for mineral foundation. Only full coverage foundation that I find feels lightweight and looks natural are any yaby, illuminaire matte, prescriptives flawless skin + virtual matte, their mineral foundations and virtual skin are also nice.

Again these are just my suggestions, try anything oil free just avoid mac because their primers/foundations/concealers/powders do nothing for oily skin. They make it worse and break it out. Also avoid loreal, covergirl, maybelline as they do nothing for oily control and break you out, also tested on animals!!!

If you need concealer apply it first if wearing mineral powder foundation, second if wearing liquid/mousse etc...

Set everything with Jurlique Citrus Silk finishing powder, Lumiere Cosmetics Veena Veil, Hard Candy Welcome Matte or LA Minerals oil control. Best finishing powders for oily skin that I've ever tried.

Now apply skindinavia no more shine again. This routine will keep your face matte all day as promised. It works for me and everyone I've recommend it to who tried it.

If you wear eye makeup, try urban decay primer potion then apply powder eyeshadow, waterproof eyeliner, waterproof mascara. For bronzer/blush if you wear, again stick to powder.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment