feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Fastest way to get skin pigmentation back to normal?

Labels:

skin care 09 on ... skin that feels tight after washing and stays dry and flaky. The skin
skin care 09 image




Johnny


I had recently found out that I had Tinea Versicolor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinea_versicolor) and those white blotches of skin are said to be skin cells that have lost its pigmentation. I want to know the best way to get my "affected" skin back to its normal skin color. Any natural ways to get it back to normal?
To see the pictures the site is:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49996982@N06/

My skin color matches the guy on the 3rd row from the top, right section.
http://tlm.no/simmovies/skins/skin-compgif.gif

I need a way to get my patches of skin to match and blend with the color of my natural skin.
Thank You for lots of details and the different medications.



Answer
I've had tinea versicolor for little over a year. I first got it in the Spring of 09. I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed a ketoconazole 2% shampoo that cleared it up quite a bit but it didnt fully go away. In about a month I used up the whole bottle and didnt want to pay to go to the dermatologist just to get prescribed some more shampoo.

Summer ended and in the cooler months I wasnt shirtless so I stopped caring about it however when spring came about, it started coming back more so I decided to make a second go at getting rid of it. Knowing tinea versicolor is a fungal infection I looked up other treatments. Anti-fungal creams like those used for athlete's foot are also good at killing tinea versicolor.

First, I bought Lotrimin Ultra which is a "full prescription strength" Butenafine 1%. It worked decently but probably not as good as the shampoo I was prescribed. Next, I tried Lotrimin powder spray (I figured since I have it on my back a spray was easier to apply if I didnt have anyone to assist me). It is Miconazole 2% and for me a complete waste of money. It didnt help at all. Lastly,I decided to switch brands(hearing that Lamisil is a better brand). I picked up the Lamisil gel (Terbinafine 1%) and it works by far the best. I bought it a week ago and applied it once a day right before I went to bed and after about four days my versicolor is almost completely gone. Right now you can only see it if you look really hard at it. So in a few more days(by the time I finish the tube) it will probably be completely gone.

I cannot say enough go things about Lamisil because I was about to give up and say I will never get rid of my versicolor. Luckily I found that gel. And it was just in time because I leave for the Bahamas in two days.

A side note. Try not to use too many antifungal products and do not exceed the recommended dose. Also give your body some time to heal when switching between products or using a product over a week or two because antifungal products can be hard on your liver.

How long should I wait to re-color my hair?

Q. Ok so on monday (10-05-09) I colored my hair from light light blond to ash brown. Well i thought it looked to ashy so I put loving care in it to take the silverish look out of it. This worked for a few days and now it just keeps getting lighter and lighter. I REALLY dont like how it looks. Its almost got a olive tint to it. I want to color it asap. Any tips?


Answer
ahhh yes, that's the problem with going from light blonde to brown and using an ash tone!

you picked a green based brown, which is why you're seeing olive. other ash tones are purple and blue, and had you picked one of those you'd be seeing those colors instead!

the problem with jumping so many levels of color is that blonde hair has almost none (if at all) melanin, which means there's nothing IN the hair that contributes to the color.

what you should have done is used a filler, or not gone so many levels in one step.

what color are you trying to achieve? that depends on your next step.

typically, the way to neutralize green is to use a red based dye. however, this can result in color that is too reddish/orangey/"brassy" and being that you're a natural blonde, that is the incorrect color tone for your skin.

i agree that you should stick with an ashy color. i advise you to go to sally beauty supply and have them pick you out a level 6 or 7 blondeish/brownish cool-toned hair color and use a 20 developer peroxide and follow the application instructions. if you decide you want to go darker still, then get another application of ONLY ONE SHADE darker than you picked. go ONE shade at a time.

sally also carries the filler/toner i was talking about.

if you're careful, and you don't leave the color on for too long, you are safe to color a few more times until you get what you want. you have got to condition condition condition when you get done though!!!

the reason i recommend sally instead of store bought kits is that the peroxide in store kits is a 40 volume, which basically is 2x stronger than the 20 volume that you should use. 40 volume is really only necessary when you're going lighter (like super bleached) and will do a LOT of damage if you use it repeatedly. but using a 20 (or even a 10) will save you a LOT of hair!!

email me if you have any questions!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment