feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

How to achieve silky soft and smooth skin?

Labels:

skin care quizzes on ... skin, different areas of your skin may need different types of care
skin care quizzes image




Bella


I have little tiny blemishes and bumps on my skin, and some dry (others rough) patches here and there. How do I get the bumps flat, rid of the blemishes, and the dry patches? And make my skin visibly softer and smoother?


Answer
Regardless of sex, melanin content, age, gender, weather, mood, time, or location of acne breakouts, the treatment protocol for acne is the same.

In short, acne is caused by a combination of factors including bacteria, sebum, and dead skin cells. Bacteria feed off sebum, which produce inflammatory by-products. Sebum and dead skin cells stick together and form clogs.

When it comes to selecting your cosmetic or skin care products, you should base your selection primarily on your SKIN TYPE. There are 16 different skin types! If you are unsure of your complete skin type, then take the questionnaire developed by world-renown clinical researcher, board-certified dermatologist, and author of the book, âThe Skin Type Solutionâ, Dr. Leslie Baumann. Register first then take the quiz. Afterward, visit the specified forum that is tailored to your unique Baumann skin type for product recommendations and discussions about your skin concerns, in particular, acne.

In order to TREAT and CONTROL acne, you will need well-designed routine:

1)A well-formulated water-soluble cleanser to remove oil, dirt, dead skin cells, and makeup.
2)A well-formulated, pH-adjusted, beta-hydroxy acid exfoliant with salicylic acid in 1-2% concentration to reduce inflammation, kill bacteria, and exfoliate on top of skin and within the pore lining to unclog any plug. If you are allergic to salicylic acid (or aspirin), then your alternative can be an alpha-hydroxy acid such as glycolic acid or mandelic acid.
3)A well-formulated benzoyl peroxide medication in 2.5-10% concentration to kill acne bacteria. The lower the concentration the lower the risk of side effects including dryness, peeling, redness, stinging, etc.
4)A well-formulated, matte-finish, and lightweight sunscreen with SPF 15 or greater to protect your skin from UV-inflammation, which can exacerbate acne, as well as prevent skin cancer. It is imperative to reapply after swimming, excessive perspiration, or every 2 hours for optimal photoprotection, especially in the sun.

NOTE: a well-formulated product usually contains low fragrance or is free of fragrance and dyes.

Results can take up to a few weeks to 1-2 months with diligence, compliance, and patience. If this conservative routine is ineffective, then you should consult with a board-certified dermatologist for a topical prescription and/or in-office light/laser therapies. The last resort for acne is isotretinoin (formerly known as Accutane).

How can I get clear skin?




Jane


I'm almost 17 and I know having acne at this age is considered normal but I absolutely dread having acne! I personally think I have pretty severe acne. I have a lot of big red pimples all over my face and a dull complexion due to acne scars. Luckily I only have this acne on my face and no where else on my body. I'm really sick of my acne because it hurts and it also lowers my self esteem. I'm willing to try anything to get this acne off my face! Please tell me any great home remedies or products that really help to get rid of my acne and scars. Or if you have personal experiences with acne, please tell me what you did to get rid of it including skin care routines and products you used. Even though it can't get rid of all my acne, I would like to see my acne reduce over time using the remedies you give me. Thank you, I appreciate all answers given on this topic.


Answer
Any kind of facial wash, you're leaving something toxic behind, it's not a matter of convenience, it's a billion dollar business that can do more harm than good to your acne. And sometimes we feel entirely virtuous about our skin-care regimen because it's full of SPF-- all year round!-- and cleansers and such. But the truth is, we may not realize that we're overdoing (or underdoing) something that can lead to the very thing we're trying to avoid: dryness, breakouts, accelerated aging, New York dermatologist Dr. Jeannette Graf. (I've been giving this same advice for decades, but she's proof enough!).
Take a shower everyday, use washcloth to exfoliate and bath & body wash. Hydrogen peroxide does wonders for acne. Visit their website for more tips & other uses. ONLY $1.

Acne medication could worsen what ever allergies you have, so instead of trying out one product after another, you're actually spreading it around.
The less products you use, the better for your skin. Use a bath & body wash like Suave, Irish Spring, Dove Body & Face wash in the shower, use a washcloth. Treat your face like the rest of your body, take a shower everyday or wash your face everyday.

The secret is keeping your face clean and oil-free. I also don't use liquid on my face for anything, and very little moisturizer, not even a dime size. Since my face is not dry. Good skin also comes from your good genes. Increase your fresh fruits & vegetables 3-5 servings per day. And programmed your mind to do this day after day, for the rest of your life.

Sometimes just the oil on your face from make up and lotions, even from your hair can travel to your face causing acne to come out. Others, from stress, hormones & diet or foods.

Adam Lambert has the worst acne scars. JLo, even Demi Moore have been seen with scars on their faces during interviews. Seal, the musician, Heidi Klum's ex have you seen the scar on his face? Demi in October 2012 issue of 'People magazine, showed her freckles (acne?) on the cover and inside article photo showed she had them removed but there was a 'hole' and no makeup could fill that in. How about Jennifer Hudson 'flea beaten scars' on her legs, as if she had itched them and got infected. I had some of those when I was a kid. Anyway . . . with all their money they're making now, even beauty products can't do anything about their faces or should I say scars.
Avoid too much sun exposure, so it won't make your scars even DARKER permanently. Skin heals. So let your skin heals.

Sunscreens or lotions does not protect you from nasty, painful burns. Lotions does not protect you from skin cancer. Lotions does not protect you from skin diseases. Lotions does not protect you from discolorations - permanently. And lotions does not protect you from skin tags, freckles, moles, they will only get larger, darker, and bumpier as they are exposed from UV.

Take the Skin Picture Quiz - Identify These Common Skin Conditions on MedicineNet.

Karolina Kurkova: "I am more of a you-are-what-you eat kind of person. It's about healing from the inside out."

If acne's a problem, your pillowcases may be part of the cause. "They collect skin oil, dead skin cells, bacteria, and excess night creams," says David Bank, a professional Dermatology @ Columbia University/New York-Presbyterian Hospital. "But if nothing changed by 6 week the product will never work for you. Time to move on."

"If you have breakouts, dairy is the devil' it is inflammatory and will add hormones to your already hormone-rife system. Get calcium elsewhere, or try nonfat organic dairy products. For PMS breakouts, avoid dairy and bakery items the week before your period - sugar and flour are both causes for pimples and collagen." Dr. Jessica Wu, M.D. University of Southern California School of Medicine and author of the new book Feed Your Face.

SOMEONE WROTE TO ME the other day, ASKING IF THIS BRAND IS BETTER THAN THAT BRAND - FOUND @ DRUGSTORES THEN WROTE ME BACK & THANK ME, SHE LOOKED @ HER MOM'S SKIN AND THEY WERE GOOD, BUT SHE USES ONLY WATER TO WASH HER FACE. There you go, an update.

Lea Michele recently revealed her secret to clear skinâShe gives it room to "breathe." "Maybe I'll put on a little mascara. But other than that I try very hard to just let my skin breathe," she told people.com. "I care more about letting my skin breathe than how I look."
Another good example is Lily Collins, actor, writer, artist: "When I travel to Europe, I go days without putting anything on. It feels healthier. I just never understood the idea of caking it on. The more you have on your face, the more there is to smudge and go wrong." Glamour - Sept. 2012.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment