feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

How come many people aren't grateful and don't appreciate unarmed security guards that much?

Labels:

skin care cop on : Buying makeup and skin care products is about to get easier ...
skin care cop image




Seekerguy1


Hi all. A friend of mine is a security guard in a retail store. He's an unarmed security guard. I've gone in the store several times and I've randomly seen how some folks there, particularly some of the store managers and some other store personnel, bully him around and act like he's an armed police officer that can makes arrests and just harass anybody on any level of suspicion of shoplifting on the spot. The store is in a somewhat dangerous area where shootings, stabbings and overall crime are unfortunately almost common there. If somebody tries to steal from the store, his company policy says he can't tackle or have a physical confrontation with anybody unless it's out of self-defense. He can deter suspects but that doesn't work on people who want to really steal things. Of course, this means the suspect/thief/shoplifter usually gets away. I feel sorry for him. He stands on his feet for over 8 hours a day and it looks like nobody in there cares about the public, security services he provides to them. Due to his job, money situation and job location, he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. I've noticed many other jobs that are usually low paying with little to no benefits don't get much respect from others as well. He told me that some of the store personnel there have threatened to fire him because they claim he "lets shoplifters get away." He's just doing his job as much as he can in my opinion. This brings up the question. How come many people aren't grateful and don't appreciate unarmed security guards that much? What do you think? Any answers or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.


Answer
It's because many places want their security to look like cops with uniform shirts and badges. The main job of a security officer is to observe and report. Here you have the right to ask someone who comes on the property for ID and if in a retail store you can ask to see a receipt. Many times security is called to do things that aren't their job. Once when I was working security I was called because there were several expired license plates in the parking lot - someone thought I should be able to put tickets on the vehicles or something.

If you see someone in a retail store fill their pockets, you then need to have several people follow them and you can't at any time loose sight of them until they exit the store. Once they are outside the store and past the last checkout, you may now ask them to return to the store, but you have to be able to tell them "You have a watch from the jewelry department in your left front pants pocket." You can ask them to come to a back office, but you can only keep them there for a reasonable amount of time and the cops must be called. If they take off running, you just get the best description you can and call the cops.

The big problem is, most security is there because the business's insurance company requires someone to be their 24 hours. Security can also be required for contracts or to get grants. The average person who works with you often doesn't understand why security is required there or what the job of security really is. I worked with an armored truck company for a couple months when they were short people. There we were required to carry guns. When we showed up to service an ATM someone wanted us to break up a fight in the parking lot. Our rule is, the guns are to protect our lives only. If there is trouble, we stay in the truck until the cops get there, we don't walk into trouble. I find myself making $9/hr with no benefits, so why should I chase a suspect who might be armed and risk getting shot or stabbed?

You have to be think skinned to be security, you have to know your job, what you can and can't do.

How to lose butt and thigh fat in a month?




Megan


Hi :) so I've noticed the last 2 years or so my butt and thighs have gotten slightly bigger. I know that big butts are supposed to be 'sexy' but really I don't care what anyone else thinks, I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. So I'm looking for a way to lose that excess weight, especially since school's out and it's beginning to feel like bikini weather. I swim once a week for 45 minutes (lessons), I play basketball with my school (so at the moment I'm not playing since school's out for summer) and I've started jogging/running for 30 mins to a hour this past week. Obviously I'm not expecting to see results after a week, but I'd be hoping to see results after a month. Please keep in mind I'm a 15 year old girl. I have started to eat less sweets and am trying to cut out more carbs, but I don't want to tell my parents coz they'd just tell me not to be silly and that I'm beautiful just the way I am (all parents have to say that!) so I don't want any major diet changes that they'd cop on to. So any advice you have on losing that butt and thigh fat as quick as possible would be great :) thanks in advance!


Answer
I've been trying to do the same thing and the things that have worked for me or atleast helped are

-Lunges (I do about 30 but you can move up if you want to see faster progress)
-Squats (I do about 30 but you can move up if you want to see faster progress)
- Leg Highs (Its a yoga pose - 90 secs)
-Bend Knees (Its a yoga pose - 90 secs)
-Knee Circles

They hurt and take a lot of time to get use to but they really help. My thighs already are beginning to become more firm and they're starting to tone. Good luck! xx :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment