feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

How do I talk to my mom about moving out of my house and into a nursing home?

Labels:

skin care for 60 and older on Hairstyles For 50 Year Old Woman Pictures | Best Beauty Product
skin care for 60 and older image




shawnsmom_


She is 60 years old and weighs 544 pounds. She fell about 6 months ago and now can hardly walk. She has gotten alot better but still can't walk far and she can't get in the bed by herself among many other things. I have to work. My husband is much older than me so he is retired and stays home with her while I'm at work. I love my mom but its not fair to my husband to be stuck at home with her all day and for us to never be able to go anywhere together. She is way to heavy for us to have to be pulling up and lifting her legs up into the bed and pulling her up and over in the bed. She is very demanding and if I tell her she needs to move to a nursing home she will make it out like I hate her and don't want her and that I am the meanest person in the world.


Answer
Unfortunately, obesity is a growing reason why some people who are young to be admitted to nursing homes. I am sure she was probably still struggling to walk when living independently, but the fall really made things worse for her ability to take care of herself. Can your mom afford a caregiver during the day where your husband will not have to stay with her? Even some nursing homes are not equipped to care for individuals who are morbidly obsese. In the nursing home I worked, the Administrator refused a hospital admission for a resident who weighed 500 pounds because the specialized bed cost a fortune and had to be put together since it wouldn't fit through the door to the room.

You definitely don't want to risk a back injury. Lifting and turning/repositioning someone who weighs 544 is no light job (no pun intended). If your mom cannot afford a caregiver who can come in, then just be honest with your mom. Your husband shouldn't be put in the position where he has to help her with her bathroom needs......due to her size, she is definitely at risk for skin breakdown between her folds.

I have purple lines under my eyes how do i get rid of them?




livetodanc


I've had these for like 2 years now and i don't know what to do! They look kinda like bruise..they are purple and some what black. I've been to a skin care place and they told me to rub the parts of my eyes because it means i'm not getting enough blood there, but i've tried that and it doesn't help. also i've tried a lot of creams and still nothing.. please help they make me look tired and older then i am
THANKS



Answer
get an hour or 2 more sleep. relax, becuase these are signs of stress and tiredness. dont get up to an alarm, because you are usually still tired. you need at least 8 hours for adults, 10-11 for teens, and about 12-13 for the elderly. tips that helped many people:

-put frozen green tea bags under your eyes for about 45- 60 minutes a day.
-drink more water
-sleep more
-stress less
-excersize
-put cucumber slices under them
-preperation H
- put an ice bag on them
-concealer

hope i helped

<3:) Stacy S.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment