feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

What can I do about the scar from my corticosteroid injection?

Labels:

skin care on center on ALLCARE FOOT AND ANKLE CENTER
skin care on center image




sweetsweet


Last summer, I had a terrible case of poison ivy. I went to a prompt care center for treatment whereupon the doctor gave me a corticosteroid shot in the buttocks. Now, I have a depression in the skin about the size of a quarter in diameter and approximately 1/2" deep. My internet research tells me it is "subcutaneous atrophy." It is making me feel very self-conscious when I am with my husband. Is there anything I can do about it? I read something about saline injections clearing it up, but I'm not sure if that applies to this situation. Is it something that will go away with time? Any advice from doctors or others with this experience is appreciated.


Answer
If you're really worried go see a plastic surgeon. perhaps colloid injections might help.

How much does it cost to go to the Emergency Room for an ankle sprain?




DocOnTheRu


If you have been to the ER or an Urgent Care center for an ankle sprain or other similar injury, what was the final bill with the doctor fees, x-rays, emergency room charges, braces, crutches, etc?

I have heard of some pretty ridiculous charges from the ER, and I am wondering how outrageous the costs really are.

Patients also often ask me this question and I am wondering what people's experience is with the bills they receive from the emergency room. What was your TOTAL Emergency Room bill?

Thanks!



Answer
How about some stitches?

ER, total bill before insurance $1500ish
Urgent care- TOTAL for office visit, stitches, prescription, tetanus shot. $65.

We try to avoid the ER like the plague. In the first case, we were just grossed out because he had an avulsed flap of skin that kept waving around in the breeze. Sadly, the Urgent Care place was closed.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment