feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

What is the best skin care system?

Labels:




Cady G


I'm a 15 year old girl and I don't have severe acne but my face isn't spotless. I have black heads on my chin, nose, between my eyebrows and a bit on my forehead. I get white heads all over my face (not regularly, once in a while I'll get a little white head somewhere) And I have a really oily t-zone. What's the best acne product to help me :( I want skin like the celebrities!


Answer
Your skin care routine should consist of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing twice daily. Once in the morning and then again at night. You'll have to try out different products and see how they work for you. Your skin shouldn't be left tight and dry but it shouldn't be oily either.

I've used a Cetaphil cleanser before but I didn't feel like it really cleaned my face deeply. I also used to use an Olay moisturizer but it made my face oily. I'm now using the Clinique's 3 step system and it works really well. Its a little pricey (I paid $60-$70 for the whole system) but its worth it. You need to figure out if your face is Dry, Normal, Combination, or Oily and shop for products that are meant for that skin type.

And its also really important for you to go and see your doctor if you want perfect skin. Doctors prescribe you stuff that will get rid of your acne. This will also be a trial and error type thing and you might have to try out a few things depending on the severity of your acne before something works to completely clear your face.

I used a Differin gel for about a year and it helped a lot but never completely got rid of my acne, so I went back to my doctor last month. She prescribed me Minocycline which is an antibiotic meant to fight the bacteria that causes acne and Epiduo. Epiduo is a topical gel that has Adpalene gel and some Benzoyl Peroxide as well which is acne medication. My face honestly has really cleared up and I have no more white heads, all I have left is the marks from my acne. I'm going back soon and she'll prescribe me something for the scars.

If your acne doesn'tclear up after trying topical gels and antibiotics your doctor might give you Accutane as a last resort.

Hope this helps :)

Skin care routine HELP!?




Angie


I need help looking for a good skin are routine. Not into makeup, but want to get perfect skin. My skin conditions are sensitive combination with blemishes and dark discoloration in areas.
I'm constantly been desperately looking for cheap affordable products you could get from most drugstores, body wash, soaps, face cleansers, toners, face moisturizers, lotions, exfoliates,sun protectants, facial masks that are not harmful.
Please tell me what works for you! Any advice appreciated and thank you soo much for reading this! :)
Day night routines,



Answer
OK, I'll assume that your assessment of your skin type is correct and I'll recommend affordable products that will treat your acne and hyperpigmentation issues. I usually shop at Target (mostly) or Walmart because they have competitive prices.

Daytime Routine:
-Cleanse with University Medical AcneFree Oil-Free Acne Cleanser with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. This is a gentle concentration of benzoyl peroxide that shouldn't be a problem with sensitive skin. Make sure you massage the medicated cleanser on your blemish skin for half a minute to one minute to permit the drug to absorb into your pores and kill the acne bacteria.
-Protect your skin from the sun's harmful UV-rays with Banana Boat Natural Reflect Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50. It's perfect for sensitive skin because it only utilizes mineral sunscreen agents. These minerals naturally reflects UV-rays off of your skin. The KEY is to use it religiously and liberally and reapply if you are indirect sunlight for more than two hours. This is crucial because photostability degrades after that many hours, but also have excessive perspiration and 80 minutes of swimming. Apply anywhere on your body that is exposed to the sun including face, neck, EARS, hands, arms, legs, etc.
-Protect your lips from the sun with Banana Boat Sport Performance Lip Balm SPF 50. Reapply right after eating, swimming, and washing.

Nighttime Routine:
-Cleanse with the aforementioned medicated cleanser.
-Treat skin discoloration with Olay ProX Even Skin Tone Spot Fading Treatment. It's the priciest product in your routine. It has a hefty amount of niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine, and Laminaria Saccharina Extract to fade hyperpigmentation overtime. Now, don't expect any overnight miracle because that will definitely NOT happen. The results depend on religious and proper use of the product as well as religious and liberal use of sunscreen during the day. Any unprotected sun exposure will negate the skin-lightening effects of this product.
-Moisturize with a the lightweight CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM. Just in case the benzoyl peroxide cleanser is somewhat drying, this moisturizer will combat that side-effect effectively.
-SLEEP!


All of these products together total to about 60 bucks unless there is a sale. These product should last you 1-2 months except sunscreen because you should be using that more frequently! It's a good investment - trust me!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment