feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

How do I become an actrESS?

Labels:




Acting


Hi Everybody,
I'm a teenager. Lately, I realized acting is what I want to do. And when I act, I feel like its real. If I was an Evil Queen(want to be one) I don't feel like laughing or forgetting my lines. I feel like the role is real and it's me. I don't feel like it's fantasy. Anyways, before acting seemed so far away. It seemed like a needle in a haystack.(which it kinda is) But, now when I started looking into it, I realize it could be my REALITY. And so, before you say it, NO I do not want to be famous. As long as I'm doing what I love, I really don't care if I'm famous or not. And it bugs me when little girls are like, "I wanna be on Disney. How Can I become famous?" SO ANNOYING. And yes, I'm doing it for two particular reasons, which I'll say later.
So I need to know some things:
-1 I'm Muslim and I follow Islam. I'm okay with wearing tank-tops with something over it(it could be see-through), I don't care if my cleavage shows(but too much and I might care), I must have my legs covered, and I can wear short sleeves. (A NOTE: Please don't tell me I'm not a real Muslim, because I am. I'm making adjustments based on Hollywood's female standards. And please don't tell me I can't become an actress or Be "FAMOUS" because a. I can and b. I don't care if i'm "FAMOUS") I can wear skinny jeans, but not tights. And I can wear henna(which stains very well) but no tattoos. I can't get peircings anywhere but my nose, or ears. (IDK about Belly's but I'm not showing my stomach anyways :P) And, lastly, YES, I can show my hair.

Alright here we go:

I'm a teen and figured out by the time I become an actress, I'll be 29.

So...

1) Will theateres, agents, Casting Calls, Open Calls, Modeling Agencies, And/Or Singing Agencies judge me on the fact that I'm Muslim? Would you?

2) Will they judge my skin color?(would i be able to play somebody positively evil?)

3) Will they take in the fact I can only wear lond dresses, can't kiss men, and can only hug them?(men)

Next. Acting Questions.
1) So, I've been looking around. I've been to SAG-AFTRA, I've watched thatsophiakid, but I can't FIND AN AGENT. I looked on Google. Scams. I looked around. Scams. Scams! (AND NOT JRP, beause theyre a school). Where do I find one. Do I need to be in L.A., NY or someplace else?

2) I know I need acting classes. But where?!?!?! (And I won't be able to afford theatre school and/or university)

3) My parents are unsupportive, because they thinks Muslims can't be anything, and we have to like... not be who we want to be. So, would it be rude to use their college money then switch out to acting. I HATE them, I won't talk to them when I'm older, and I'm being mature too.

4) What is SAG-AFTRA. I've been to their website. It's like we can help you with agencies! Were not a scam! We help protect your health rights! Well where is everyhting? Do you need to be a memeber? How do you become one?

5) Why are youtube bloggers like thatsophiakid NEVER giving out their agent's names? Is it illegal?

6) How do people like Stana Katic, Jennifer Morrison, (WHOLE CAST OF OUAT AAAAIIIEEE!! #ONCEWONDERLAND PREIMIERS 2DAY!) How do they get to where they are when they were a kid? Were they rndmoly selected?

And 7) Do you get judged on height? (I'm short and I'm a teenager)


This is SERIOUS, so don't give me crappy asnwers. And I will AWARD a BEST ANSWER! Please give long detailed answers. Thx!

<3 NOT "FAMOUS"


P.S. No LIVE theater, I won't have time. Just T.V. and Movies! THX! :P



Answer
First you can't do exactly what you want to do unless your just that good at acting and most actors did live theater before becoming movie actors. I know you said no live theater but give it a shot before you say you don't like it. I do not think they will take into account your religion, that should not be a factor in deciding but some people are just like that. Same with your height, that should not effect your chances. The only thing they should judge you on is your acting ability or singing ability. As for your parents, I have no idea what you should do. Get involved in any local acting clubs or performances and see how you compare to everyone, they can give you tips and constructive criticism on what you can do to improve and maybe even help you on your situation.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment