feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

anyone experience EXTREMELY dry skin while taking accutane?

Labels:




Snowboarde


ive been using accutane for 3 weeks..its working well but my lips get sooooooooo dry...and my body as well..its get insanely dry ALL OVER...and my scalp gets really really dry as well..
im all embarrassed and self conscious now...
even intensive moisturizers don't help much..
so now..im thinking is this all worth it to be acne free?...hmm



Answer
OK.

my 16 year old son has had severe acne for about 5 years. we have tried EVERYTHING. Dermatologist finally put him on accutaine. the first 4 weeks were dreadful... severely dry skin, flakey scalp. chapped lips. mood swings, etc.

Bottom line. Switched to ROCHE POSSE extremely dry skin care, CLINIDERM shampoo and conditioner, and using lip balm. His acne has disappeared altogether by week 12. Doc says 6 month treatment is necessary, and may need to be followed by another few months. I am telling you, though, that after only a few short weeks, the difference is incredible. So, YES, it is worth it. Take care of your dry skin by using drug store products mentioned above, and you will start to feel better!

Can I have laser skin therapy while taking accutane?




Damned D


I recently had mild acne breakouts and they left really deep scars behind. I went to a a dermatologist who put me on an 8 month course of Isotretinoin (one 20mg capsule every day). She also gave me a laser therapy (carbon dioxide laser) for the acne scars. A month into the laser therapy, and 25 days into the accutane course, I feel the scars have improved somewhat and my skin is flaking and falling off. But other scars still remain, and there are even some pits here and there.

Is it now wise to go for another session of the laser therapy while I am on accutane? Would it have any adverse effects? I read somewhere you should not have a laser therapy for up to 6 months after accutane. But what about during accutane? I am less than a month into it. I am not sure if the dermatologist cares about this (she' didn't say much during my first session about mixing the two), but it has worked. So what should I do? I would really appreciate your input. thank you so much. Thank you.



Answer
I think laser therapy while on Accutane actually increases your chances of scarring. So it's kinda pointless.

There might be other bad effects too. I heard Accutane makes your skin very sensitive to sunlight, but I'm not sure about lasers.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment