feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

My stud (lip ring) is it an infection?

Labels:




SeirraJade


Ok so I got it done friday at 7:30, I clean it with mouth wash, salt water, and the outside with alcohol (mornings and nights). I wash my hands when changing ring to retainer. So anyways I took the ring out and It was just a little bit red it felt wet so i stuck out the ring and seen this chunk of cream colored something. So I took it out (the ring) and pressed and it was a clear liquid and some of the cream like junk so I cleaned it and it came our like a string and I was wondering if it was dead skin or a start of infection?
Also, I was told to play with my ring I push it in and out with my tounge could this push out skin?



Answer
You're taking care of it pretty well, so I'm leaning toward dead skin.

TX Mom

How to take care of piercings?




Vanessa


How do you prevent the ear lobe from getting black like some person's owns ive seen.

I need them the heal properly, and is there any way to speed up the healing? & How long does it take to heal the following : Earlobe piercing, Helix piercing & belly button piercing.

Can I have a routine to ensure they heal properly and quickly.



Answer
When I got my ears pierced, the place I had it done sold little bottles of special solution to clean the piercings. Morning and evening, I would place some drops on studs and move them back and forth. By moving them, it allowed the solution to get into the holes, and it would move the dirt and dead cells to the edges where I could swab them off. Don't let blood build up and scab, or it will either try to close, or it will fuse to the metal and hurt like mad when you mess with it. If you don't have cleaning solution from anywhere, I've seen people use warm water or even saline. Do NOT use soap. It will build up in the hole and make a mess.

Once it stopped hurting and bleeding, I switched to alcohol for the cleaning process. Once the pierced areas heal, alcohol is perfectly fine. Leave the piercing in until it's fully healed, or the skin will close back up. After that, if you don't have the piercing in, cleaning it isn't really an issue until you start wearing something again. When you start again, you need to soak the ear in alcohol, warm water or saline to loosen the skin back up a little or it will be uncomfortable or even painful to get the piercing back in.

It took me quite a few weeks for the ear lobes to heal. Not sure the time span for the others, but the cleaning process is the same.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment