feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Okay all you make up/skin care gurus! I need your help! @#$#!?

Labels:

Q. I have very oily skin as well as redness and un even skin tone. This makes foundation hard to apply/last through out the day. Also when I feel my face i feel bumps, not pimples but more like dry patches/black/ white heads on my noes and cheeks.(i have alot of black and white heads my nose. They go deep down. I get rid of them for a week and they come back. Poors strips only get a few of them. (i unfortunately inherited this from my mother who has huge pores and alot of black heads. Hers looks more like holes.. some of mine look like holes as well as i feel the grainyness when i run my fingers over my face &some are deep down)

I use to wash my face with clean and clear morning brust scrub, to get rid of the grainy feel/dead skin but found this made my skin way more oily. Which cleared the uneven FEEL of my skin but my oil production sky rocketed especialy around my nose/ cheeks and chin.

I've used Clean and clear cream cleanser (in the yellow/white bottle AS well as the Green and white bottle for redness)

Clean and clear morning burts scrub, St.ives mask (clay mask for oil). Oxy pads.. but found they dried me out.

Any thing i could use to reduce oil production as well as soothe redness/even skin tone(the look of it) as well as evening it out not have rough patches that my makeup doesnt sit well on? I find it makes my make up look gross/cakey and grainy. I use both liquid foundation as well as a setting powder

Any drugstore products to use, or home remidies, BOTH is even better. :)
Looking for actual face washes that can be bought at drug store. Or products. /Routines...


Answer
Alba Botanica Pineapple Enzyme cleanser followed by their Pineapple Enzyme scrub (gentle enough for daily use. Every third day or so, switch to the St Ives blemish control scrub (too harsh for everyday). You can purchase this all from the drugstore or target and walmart. Alba is cheapest at walmart. You can get both products for 9 dollars each.

Use witch hazel from the drugstore as toner. It will remove whatever excess oil/bacteria you may have trapped in your pores as well as tighten them. It won't irritate or overdry and is known to aid in treating acne problems.

Last, even oily skin needs to be moisturized. Jojoba oil is the ideal option because it tricks your skin into producing less oil while leaving it appropriately moisturized. It is very balancing and doesn't clog or irritate your pores. It reduces redness, helps treat acne, prevent blackheads, fades scarring over time and can also be used as a makeup remover. You can purchase from Jason Natural at whole foods or trader joes for 6-8 dollars a bottle.

(For night masks, you can use the St Ives Mineral Clay firming mask but don't use it more than 2 nights a week, you don't want to overdry your skin! Also Derma Topix Mint Clay mask is another favorite)

In the morning, after jojoba absorbs, apply one thin layer of PLAIN milk of magnesia from the drugstore as primer. It is a matifying miracle and will keep you matte far longer than most high end ones will. It also tightens pores with everyday use as well as prevents acne without overdrying or harming skin. A bottle of 4 dollars last a very long time.

Just apply it to your face with a sponge, allow it to dry and smooth out whatever white spots you may see. They will disappear and you will be ready for makeup if you wear any.

Next, you don't want to wear a very heavy foundation. You want your skin to breath and look/feel natural. You should stick to light -medium coverage foundations.

My favorites:

Revlon Mineral Mousse. It has spf 20, provides light to medium coverage that looks and feels very natural, breathable. It evens out skintone, minimizes pores, covers redness and minor blemishes. It has a matte finish and is flawless on oily skin. Just apply with a damp makeup sponge.

Also love Almay Smart Shade and Almay Clear Complexion for similar coverage when breaking out.

For concealer, use Hard Candy Glamoflauge. It is long lasting and will cover everything from under eye circles, big blemishes, redness, birthmarks to scarring etc. A tube lasts a very long time and its cheap at walmart.

Last, set everything with Hard Candy Welcome Matte. It is one of the only powders to keep me matte this long, high end or drugstore. On a regular day you will remain matte without touchups if following the routine. On a very hot/humid day, you might need a minor touchup about 8 hours in. For the price its amazing. The only powder to keep me matte no matter how hot/humid is jurlique citrus silk but thats 36 dollars, lol.

Make sure to wash makeup off at night with no exceptions and clean your makeup brushes at least 3 times a week. Don't share makeup/tools, Don't touch your face if your hands haven't been washed, don't reuse makeup sponges (buy bags of 200 for 2 bucks at beauty supply store) they collect bacteria, don't use powder puffs that come with powders (use brush you clean instead) , change your pillow sheets frequently. This is all common sense but many people ignore it and only contribute more problems to their skin.

Also eat a balanced diet of greens, veggies, fruits, legumes, grains, nuts, lean protein, good fats and carbs etc , cut out too much greasy/sugary food if you eat any and drink at least ten glasses of pure water a day. This should also balance your skin.

Anyway this should work for you and good luck!

Your skin care routine?

Q. I'd love to know what your skin care routine are, i'm always looking for some, because I've just became totally obsessed with skin care, room tours, what's in my bag videos, ever since finding a bunch of beauty guru channels.

at the moment mine is:
tescos facial scrub,
cocoa butter body butter

but i really need to get rid of my blackheads and get a proper skin care routine, hahaa:')
x
i may try that one, but like, do you have any store bought stuff? :)


Answer
If you're obsessed with skin care, mine is probably interesting haha. I recently came up with this one, I've been using it for a week now and its doing a pretty amazing job.

Morning:
- Wash my face with glycerin face soap w/ tea tree oil and lime (supposedly very healthy for your skin)
the link: http://www.clearlynaturalsoaps.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=876812131
- Then I use lemon juice straight from the fruit as a toner (works really good at keeping my skin clear and it gives it a nice glow)
- And for moisturizer I use a few drops of extra virgin olive oil (which I also heard is extremely beneficial for skin as a moisturizer)

For Night time I do the same thing. Also with the olive oil, I use it during the day only because its summer and I just laze around the house all day. If im going somewhere I use Aveeno's Clear Complexion Moisturizer instead so my face isnt all oily.
the link: http://www.aveeno.com/facialcare/clear-complexion-moisturizer

And that's it. Hope I helped<33




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment