feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

What is the brand of skin care regime is best for a woman over 40?

Labels:




Alisa C


I have the mouth "parentheses" lines and smile wrinkles at my eyes. My skin is oily to normal and my pores are large. I have under eye circles, too.


Answer
You need to use high quality skin care products to battle the signs of aging, the Vivier professional skincare line may be a bit pricey, but you will see a difference!

This should work for your type of skin: http://www.tcclinic.com/cosmeticshop/c-e-kinerol-p-10.html

and for your eyes:
http://www.tcclinic.com/cosmeticshop/firming-eye-contour-cream-p-22.html

A friend of mine used this line of products and she noticed a difference in a few days.

Skin care at 40 - how to look my best in 7 months for wedding?




byrdie


So, I'm getting married in 7 months and I'm 40 years old. What kind of skin care can I start to put my best face forward on my wedding day? I've heard of facial "toning" with micro-currents - does it work?

p.s. No surgery please, I'm not into that (plus I'm not THAT old!). Thanks in advance.



Answer
Start by getting a facial at a reputable salon (1X a month or so). You can ask the esthetician what she recommends. She'll study your skin and give you a treatment designed for your skin type.

Do you have a regular skin care regime? If you don't, then now is the time to adopt one. Regardless of your skin type you need to wash, tone and moisturize 2X a day. On top of that, put sunscreen on EVERY morning. In the morning, after toning and before moisturizing I recommend a topical vitamin C product, and at night, a topical vitamin A/retinoid. Also, exfoliate as needed depending on your skin type.

Here are some product suggestions:
-Bliss The Youth as We Know It- there's an entire line including cleaner and toner and I have tried them all, but the moisture cream and eye cream are particularly amazing and give instant result.
-Bliss Sleeping Peel Serum (there is also a cleanser). You would put this on your face after cleaning and toning at night.
-Bliss Triple Oxygenating Energizing Mask- brightens up your entire complexion. It really works and is quick and easy to do at home.

For vitamin C:
- Philosophy 'A Hope and a Prayer'- it's vitamin C in powder form, you mix a scoop full with serum or moisturizer each morning (this is what I'm currently using. it works well and is less expensive than most vitamin C products
- Skinceuticals CE Ferulic- this is a serum. It works great but is somewhat pricey (also try their B5 serum)

If you have oily skin, black heads and break outs try:
-Laboratoire Remede Double Oxygenating Booster
-Laboratoire Remede Complete Treatment Anti-Aging/Oil Control
-Bliss Steep Clean (this is a pore cleaning mask and is single-handedly the BEST product for getting rid of stubborn black heads)

Make-up (assuming you wear it):
-Less is more. Visit the Clinique counter (or similar) for recommendations. I'd try the lightest, sheerest things possible and if you are used to wearing foundation religiously every day you should try giving your skin some days off

You can always treat yourself to an at home facial, I do this once a week:
1. clean
2. exfoliate (I use Origins Modern Friction or Cosmedicine Medi-Morphosis Self-Adjusting Exfoliator)
3. steam for 10 minutes (boil water, pour in bowl and lean over with a towel draped over head-BE CAREFUL)
4. mask (one suitable for your skin type, I use the Steep Clean to clear out my pores, leave on as per package directions)
5. Wipe mask off face using washcloth, rinse with COLD water
6. Tone
7. Serum
8. Moisturizer

Good luck with your wedding. You gave yourself plenty of time, you'll have a glowing complexion in 7 months! Hope I helped, I don't know your exact skin type so I did the best with what I had :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment