feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

I need help with a career choice?

Labels:




Ruby Anna


Help! I need help with a career choice. I am 36, my daughter is 18, my husband and I are divorcing. I work with him, he is my boss and I have to find another job. I barely have a High school diploma, it's just a GED. I have struggled for years to try and find an occupation I would be interested in and good at. I thought about massage therapy but I dont think my hands could handle that. I love skin care and esthetics but from what I have seen there is not a lot of money in that. I am a very self concious person and made terrible grades in school. I think I have learning disabilities. I am looking for something with 1 to 2 years of schooling at the most. Our county unemployment rate is awful. I would consider moving out of the county and starting over fresh if I just had an idea what to go into. I just want to make $15/$20 per hour. Any suggestions on what careers are taking off right now? I would consider CharlotteAsheville/Hickory, NC or Greenville/Spartanburg, SC.


Answer
You're on a positive track. Don't be discourage, don't let society limit your abilities. I'll keep this simple and short. Take 1 or 2 courses, 1 being an area you may have interest in; 2 being your course you need to take to get your certification.

Nowadays, college graduates graduate w/a large amount of debt, no guaranteed job for their majors. Most of all, some are plain miserable b/c they're not happy. I know a lot of people that didn't finish college that are making more $$$ than those who have, ( I'm not trying to discourage or minimize the importance of higher education ). Just saying, don't be discouraged in any possible way.

Seek a plan of action, research those 2 cities above online, take these assessment tests ( 2-3 times to make sure ), and don't get discouraged. Get out of the comfort zone, and you'll discover your passions and abilities.

Nobody can tell you what courses to take, even if it pays well. You won't be happy. In the end, you'll be exactly where you started...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment