feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

how were the native americans spiritually in the 1800s?

Labels:

beauty and health quotes on Health, Wellness, and Beauty: New Beginnings
beauty and health quotes image




SweetUniqu


I am writing a one paragraph essay on a what I think this quote means. The quote is âHow can you buy or sell the sky, the warmth of the land?...ââChief Seattle, 1854
I feel like its saying why give up the beauty and the health earth for money and power. By the name of the quote I think it's a male and he's native american.



Answer
i am native and raised in the culture. i will dispel the rumor that we worship the earth or the sun or any other part of creation. we did and still do not worship anything. our beliefs are varied but rarely relate to any religion that is considered mainstream.

the quote means simply this...how does a person who is dependent on the earth and the rest of creation for your very survival consider yourself superior to that creation? it is foolish, right? we see ourselves as part of creation, not above it and not below it but very dependent on it. so how can you sell that which you depend on? only foolish people think they are separate and above the rest of nature.

Is there a quote from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley where Dr. Frankenstein regrets making the Monster?




halogirl95


I'm looking for a quote from the book where Dr. Frankenstein regrets making the monster. I know there is a place in it, but I have tried several times with no success. The more obvious the better, but I'm not too picky. Please offer some suggestions with at least a chapter or a page number so that I can find it in the book. Thanks in advance!


Answer
Is this the quote you're looking for ?
It's found in Chapter 5

"For this I had deprived myself of rest and health. I had desired it with an ardour that far exceeded moderation; but now that I had finished, the beauty of the dream vanished, and breathless horror and disgust filled my heart."




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment