feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

How can I launch a homemade skin care line?

Labels:

skin care on ... basic skin care there is a true way you try to take care of your skin
skin care image




HelpPlease


I have an idea for a skin care line, and I've heard of others doing very well after starting small. So, what steps do I take to actually do this?

Where are the recipes?
Also, what if I want to use specific active ingredients (e.g., alpha hydroxy or salicylic acid)? How do I get those? What government oversight will I be subject to? FDA? FTC?

Should I consult with a dermatologist and/or aesthetician first? If so, how do I find a good one, and what questions do I need to ask them?

Any tips for getting it into stores?
What else do I need to know?

I know I ask a lot, but I'm excited about my idea. I just don't have the know-how to make it happen. I appreciate any and all constructive advice.



Answer
hey i also wanna launch my own skin care line in future but im going to university to do a course in it...im sorry i cant help u with all ur asking but iv got this neat site which tell u about ingredients used in cosmetics...

http://www.cosmeticsciencetechnology.com/ingredients.php

i think u should visit a dermotologist to guide u.ask about ingredients and how to manufacture in your home,what apparatus u need saftey,how much etc...

u could either start up from home or open a small lil shop of ur own if..u could also go and suggest your products to the shop and see how things go...

i really wish i could help u more...

maybe u could do a small course involving cosmetic science...

i really wish u the best of luck

=)

http://www.specialchem4cosmetics.com/formulations/guides/index.aspx

What job would let me create natural skin care products?




bluebells


I'm not sure if being a naturopathic dermatologist is what I would need to be. I'm interested in studying natural skin care and creating remedies for it. The people are Burt's Bees, or Aubrey Organics, are they chemists? Dermatologists? What do I need to study to do this? Thanks!


Answer
If you are just looking to create skin care products, then anyone can do this in their basement or garage. Once you do your research on the ingredients, find a way to combine them and market them, you send your formulas to a pharmaceutical maker like http://www.youngpharm.com/ and work with them on finalizing development.

If you are looking to do this on a professional level with an established company, then a chemistry degree would be your first step. You may look at botany, biology, microbio, and organic chemistry heavy schooling as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment