feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

What should I wear to an interview for a restaurant job (hostessing) in San Diego?

Labels:

skin care jobs in nj on jobs in sagamore beach ma
skin care jobs in nj image




sky


I want to wear pants but I am not sure what kind of shoes and top. I have a professional looking black top but it's short-sleeved - is that OK? As for shoes, can they be open-toed or sandals or should they only be close-toed pumps? I was at an interview last week and all the girls were wearing very high somewhat open type shoes, so I don't know. They all looked professional but casual at the same time, like bare legs (no pantyhose) and I think at least one was wearing short sleeves. I mean it's Southern California and I lived my whole life in NJ, near NYC so I am not used to this.


Answer
For any interview, you want to play it safe and look your best.

For shoes, always closed-toe for an interview. It looks more professional and put together. For anything else open-toes or sandals are fine, just not for an interview.

Short sleeves are fine, just as long as you're wearing a jacket over it. Remember, keeping it as professional as possible.

For legs, definitely wear sheer hosiery. Something skin toned will work best with the outfit. By going bare-legged, it's showing to your possible future employer that you don't take care of your appearance. Since you are out in Southern California, and it is warmer, you can go with hosiery that is of a light denier (5-10 can work here), but make sure it fits well and you don't keep pulling the pantyhose up every minute.

Hope I helped.

Why is all this happening to me?




Swagg G


Okay I'm just going to explain my life.When i was little I lived in jersey city,NJ.I found it fun there and life was greeeeeat for me.I lived with my dad,mom,and older sister and we were one big happy family.I loved my school,friends,life and family.Only thing bad in my family was that my mom HATED her boss.She was a mean lady lol.But other than that my mom loved everything else.My parents made loads of money to thr point where me and my sis could buy anything our heart desired.Then when i was 9 years old i moved to Manning,South Carolina.And everything completely changed.My mom has to get 2 jobs which she hates both of them,she is ALWAYS stressed,she gained a lot of weight,and never really has money like she used to have.My sister is 17 now and she became Sneaky,untrustworthy,lazy,ungrateful,she doesn't care about anybody but her self,Ghetto,trashy,stressfull,and there's lots of stuff I could name.She stresses my mom out soooo badly to the point where I want to cry lol.And me im only 13 and I've been stressed out since the minute we moved to this dumb place.I'm getting major acne and I always feel cranky.It seems like everyone in Manning are so 2 faced and cruel.These people go to church and talk so badly about people th minute they get out of church! They praise Jesus and then every minute they try to make someone else's life misserable.The teachers down here are so mean and so are the kids.They always make fun of people from NY and NJ and say they have terrible accents and they need to learn proper enligsh, and the people down here are the idiots saying "I AIN'T going to the Store no mo" like seroiously!? Thats not english.People always have crap to talk about my family in this county,especially my sister.My mom,my sister,and I are like the prettiest females walking in this town.Light skin and beautiful long hair is probably why they hate us! My mom says everyday my sister is going to be the death of her one day.I agree with my mom on that because my sister is the type of kid you'd wish you'd NEVER EVER have.My dad moved back to New York because he said they have better jobs there.I just think he doesn't want to live in this crazy a** town lol.A lot of girls in my school hate me especially in my class and I have no clue why! No one in this freakin town can mind their own business and news travels fast because everyone talks.For example my sister got a car for Xmas and she told 1 of her friends then the next day EVERYONE called my sister's phone and said "I heard you got a car".And it seems like my mom's dying slowly and I hate to say that but it's true :( and we can't move because she doesn't hav e enough money to afford moving anywhere.This is my sister's last year before she goes to college.And then i go to the MANNING HIGH SCHOOL.and that's the worst place to be out of all places in Manning,SC.4 years I don't think I will be able to survive.I feel like something extremely bad is going to happen in my life but i don't know what.Ughhhhhh I truely do hate my life but I thank the lord for letting me be put on this Earth.Please somebody..anybody,tell me what can I do to fix my life.School and personal life,What can I do to make it all stop?


Answer
Well, your sister got a car for "xmas", so how bad can the money be?
Everyone knows the pay sux in SC. If you want to know pay rates, all you have to do is look at the cost of the homes. The cheaper the homes are, the cheaper the pay is in that area, pretty much always.
The "law of the commuter" is that you live in a cheap town and work in an expensive one. Some people make enough to actually live in an expensive town. Some people make that much, but still choose to live in the cheaper town, cuz you get a bigger house.
The teasing will go away. People get tired of making fun of people for the same thing. I mean, if you get glasses, everyone calls you "four eyes" for about a week, but then it goes away.
This might take longer. The important thing is to not stir up any problems. Keep your mouth shut. Information you leak out can always be turned against you in a small town.
You will eventually wind up with all the boys in the town chasing you, just cuz you are new, if nothing else.
Have you talked to your dad about moving back north?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment