feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

How do I make home-made organic soaps?

Labels:

homemade beauty and health recipes on ... beauty secrets, Natural beauty, Holistic health, Herbal remedies,DIY
homemade beauty and health recipes image




Paige


Me and my mom want to start making our own soap at home. I was wondering if any of you had any recipes for this, like tea soap or oatmeal soap, but only organic please! Thanks!


Answer
The idea of homemade organic soap is great. I am not really sure if this qualifies as a good answer, but it can help clean your skin and make it feel smooth. This is another organic homemade idea which is excellent for exfoliating old skin cells and leaves skin feeling refreshed and silky smooth. That is homemade body scrub.

Sweet Sugar Body Scrub Recipe:

Oatmeal is ideal for oily and skin. It's also hypoallergenic, so this recipe is ideal if you prefer a gentler homemade body scrub for your sensitive skin. I got this recipe on http://www.savvyhomemade.com/homemade-body-scrub.html (This site is full of homemade organic health and beauty tips and articles.)

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons ground oats
2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil

How to:
Grind the oats in a food processor until they have a sandy consistency. Mix oats with the rest of the ingredients until they resemble a paste. Apply your body scrub on moist skin after you've gently cleansed first. Rub gently into your skin using a circular motion and rinse off with warm water when you're done.

What are some good ideas for homemade Christmas presents?




Huliganjet


This year we are a little tight on money, because we are having our baby sometime around Christmas (He's due December 21st!)

What are some cheap and easy ideas for homemade Christmas gifts for my family and friends?

I'm going to have a lot of free time due to maternity leave, so I thought this would be a good way to save money and keep myself busy!

If you suggest cookies or any kind of food...what kind? Please share your recipes if you have any :)

Thank you!



Answer
A few years back, I made my own scented body scrubs for the women I was giving gifts too (since I'm not sure too many of the guys I know would groove on the idea of getting them).

I used sugar or salt and mixed it with Olive Oil (not Extra Virgin because I find that it smells a bit too "fruity" and not neutral enough). I then picked up some essential oils at the health-food store and added a few drops to each batch until I could smell it without it being too strong. As I recall, I got some citrus, lavender and peppermint oils.

I was lucky enough to find some wide mouth jars with cork lids at the local dollar store. I filled them with the scrubs, put the cork in the top and covered that with a pretty piece of cloth tied with some raffia.

Everyone I gave them too absolutely LOVED them and raved about them. I searched the internet to find some variations in recipes but I ran out of time to try them all!

The RecipeSource.com web site has a list of Home-Made Gift ideas: http://www.recipesource.com/misc/non-food/gifts/ as well as Hair & Body recipes: http://www.recipesource.com/misc/non-food/beauty/.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment