feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

What is the reason for white discrimination?

Labels:

skin care denver on Denver Child Thanks Doctors After MRSA Battle | MRSA Notes
skin care denver image




End racism


I went to a wedding of my friend's a couple of weeks ago. She and the groom are both black, and I am white. I was the only white person at the wedding (except for my two little girls in tow), and I have never felt so hated. She is a friend from work, so I had never met her family before. When we arrived at the ceremony, the ushers never greeted us or offered us a leaflet, nor did they show us where the guest book was. They were very friendly to everyone else. Also, before the service started my child had to use the restroom and get a drink and came back nearly in tears because she had been yelled at by a lady for 'spalshing her' when my little girl got a drink.
I grew up in Denver and had friends of all colors, and was one of the few white people living at my dorms in college. Prior to this wedding I have never been openly hated or discriminated against. It is just so upsetting, because I am trying to raise my children to be loving and accepting of everyone and even they noticed how uncomfortable it was at the wedding.
The thing that really gets me that no one in my or my children's family (on either side) was even white in America during slavery, so why hate us? My husband's family came from from Germany in the 50's and my family and my family is Apache and Irish .
Oh, and the reason I am thinking of this particular event today is because I was at the library with my kids and was reading books to them about MLK and explaining why they had the day off school today, so I was just sitting here thinking about things...
Lol! I do not have a political agenda! Ha ha ha! God forbid I actually try to expand my ability to be able to see from others' points of view. Thanks to you all with valid answers.



Answer
They hate you because they're racist. They don't care to know your history. They only care about your skin color, these particular people. @ Guy who says I have 2 accounts. No I don't. ~_~

@ Guy who says I do - Yes I changed it to something you can google, so you can see I DONT have 2 accounts. Thanks :)

has anyone tried the mittin hair remolval buffer product?




Lauren p


The product is like a sandpaper hand bufffer you rub on your legs and it is supposed to make them smooth. there is also a smooth away brand. If you have tried it does it work? and how long does the hair have to be?


Answer
Don't get me wrong...I'm definitely not suggesting people use this the way I've used it, but I do want to say that I have used it for more than just hair removal...

Which it does just great. I've used it on my arms and legs with success, but it could be because my hair is so babyfine that it's the reason it works well.

But I've also used it on my upper lip and chin hair - VERY gently!

AND...(drum roll please) I've used it to slowly sand down the layers of skin on top of those annoying "milia" I was getting on my face before finding out that salicylic acid will take care of them. And I've also used it to sand down a few very tiny skin tags that were just beginning in the area of my underarm.

The key to using it is not to be impatient. Gentle circular motions done for five minutes on any particular area are way better than frantic scrubbing for two minutes.

I've gotten a lot of use from mine!

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this | Permalink
Comment



3 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
Fine grade sandpaper!, April 10, 2006
By BookNerd "S." (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews

I bought these mitts for the usual reason-easy hair removal. When you open the box, the 'mitts' look and feel like fine grade sandpaper that you could find in a hardware store! I followed the directions by rubbing my leg gently with the mitt, and it didn't remove the hair. You can't rub too hard or too much, because it does start to burn. Plus, you end up with alot of white powder on your legs that prevents you from seeing what actually came off. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. It didn't do what it was supposed to do, and not worth the money. It would sand some wood nicely though...... Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this | Permalink
Comment



1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
Hair Off Mittens are GREAT!!, January 18, 2007
By A. M. Hamblin (MA USA) - See all my reviews


I have been using Hair Off Mittens for several years now. I always purchased them at our local drug store or discount stores. For the past 6-12 months they are no longer available in stores so when I found them on Amazon I was so excited. These mittens are so easy to use - no cuts or knicks - just rub the hair away. The results are amazing! Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this | Permalink
Comment



3 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
I love these!, August 9, 2006
By Connie Nelson "Luv2ReadBooks" (Arkansas, USA) - See all my reviews


I used to buy the Hair Off Mittens at Walmart and love them! My skin has never been so soft and smooth and hairless, and they have never hurt me, guess it just depends on the person like most everything else. I haven't shaved my legs in several years since discovering this product and won't. I just wish Walmart was still selling them, but thank goodness I can still find them online. Heck, I even use them on my elbows to remove the rough spots. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this | Permalink
Comment



3 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
Its Better than anything else in this price range, August 15, 2006
By Jessie New "J-True" (Jacksonville) - See all my reviews

Ok, as far as price Amazon is pushing it a little here it should never cost more than $5. But the product is awesome. I used it years ago until it wasnt sold in stores any longer and I actually have some hair folicles that no longer grow back. And I am a hairy beast. It is alot faster than shaving or nair on extra hairy legs. Anyone complaining about pain was just startled by the looks of it. It seems like it would hurt because it looks like sand paper. But After Nair's chemical burns, riping the hair off with wax, and cuts from shaving I have never removed my hair in a more painless fashion. Its reusable for a couple of times and as long as you can take a little heat you will be ok. I have sensitive skin and it worked great for me. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this | Permalink
Comment



3 of 7 people found the following review helpful:
Hair off Mitten pad is the worst product i have ever used.., March 25, 2006
By nesrin (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews

I bought it on line and I wish I had never bought it. Although it removes the hair, but it is extremely painful. it leaves red spots on the legs. (My skin is not sensitive). It burns the skin as if I am burning my legs with fire. Unfortunately I bought 5 and I thought it is as good as the Sally Hansen Pad removal (I don't know why they stopped selling the Sally Hansen ones). Now I can't return




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment